B-26: The Marauder Strikes» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Play-Test AAR B-26C Loaded for Bear rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An AAR sent to me by a B-26 Test-Pilot. Thank you very much! I will also post more of his AARs. The comments and questions under "Play Test Comments" have been addressed in the Q&A Section on the main B-26 forum.

B-26C Loaded for Bear

Mission No: 1

Campaign: JULY TO OCTOBER 1943, 8th AF Support Command, 8th Air Force

Date: 02-Jul-1943

Primary Target: Power station-Gosnay

Secondary Target: None

Mission Profile: Box 1, Lead Flight, #5

Results:

Box 1, Lead Flight: on target-500’/90%-superior

Box 1, Low Flight: off target, 0%

Box 1, High Flight: on target-500’/100%-excellent

Box 2, Lead Flight: on target-250’/100%-superior

Box 2, Low Flight: on target-500’/35%-poor

Box 2, High Flight: off target, 0%

Crew

Pilot: Allen Bell, 2nd Lt.

Co-Pilot: Dan Roberts, 2nd Lt.

Bombardier/Navigator: Arnold Moore, 2nd Lt.

Radio Operator: Bernard Richardson, Sgt.

Engineer: Marvin Coleman, Sgt.

Armorer: Gordon Stewart, Sgt.

Claims:

Bombardier/Navigator: Arnold Moore, 2nd Lt 1x109 Serious Damage

Awards: None

Damage:

1 outbound Nose Superficial

2 inbound Bomb bay Bomb bay door mechanism destroyed.

2 inbound Radio room Superficial

2 inbound Tail Superficial

2 inbound Waist Superficial

2 inbound Main bomb bay Bomb bay doors inoperable in open position.

2 inbound Right Wing Superficial

AAR:

Outbound

Zone 0 Take-off, no issues. Formation assembled with no casualties.

Zone 1 No formation assembly issues. Successful rendezvous with fighter support.

3 fighter waves attack:

1st wave: 2x109A-6 vertical dive, resulting in nose superficial damage.

2nd wave: 2x109A-6 12 high, no damage incurred.

3rd wave: 1x109G-6 driven off by friendly fighters.

Zone 2 Enter target zone. Formation tight box.

1 fighter wave attack:

1x109G-6 destroyed by friendly fighter cover (enemy plane exploded).

Target weather good, weak and inaccurate FLAK inbound to target resulting in no

aircraft damage or formation aircraft damage.

Inbound

Zone 2 Exit target zone. Encounter heavy accurate FLAK. Bomb bay damage and 4 superficial hits. Jumped by 2x109G-6. Call for fighter support not answered. 1 bandit broke off, driven off by top turret, 1 bandit seriously damaged by nose gun and inflicted no damage.

Zone 1 Weather bad, on course. No enemy aircraft activity.

Zone 0 Weather poor, on course. Uneventful landing.

Play-Test Comments

Should table CT-3 DR result that is currently 5-6 be 5-9 instead to reflect the possible +3 modifier with a roll of 6?

On table TZ-2 it took me a while to figure out that the modifiers for no FLAK radar was based on target weather. For some reason that wasn’t obvious to me.

The group run evaluation is cool, but I was confused by it. Application of the modifiers wasn’t always clear to me. Specifically, table TZ-5b says to check AP for each flight in my box with +1. Does this mean I ignore all of the modifires on TZ-1? It would seem to me like the target size would still apply. Anyway, that’s what I did. Also, do I add the percentages in the modifiers listed on TZ-5b to what I roll? Again, that’s what I did. What does “0” in the off target column of TZ-5b mean?

Table MT-1a, what does note d? “Check information on certain counters.” mean?

A.7.2.6 note references in the flight manual look out of sync.

Wasn’t clear to me how to handle fighter support when I was knocked out of formation by FLAK as I was exiting the target zone. Do I use the support-out of formation, or the formation fighter support? I used the support-out of formation table.

Successive attacks in 7.45.7 of the rules references 7.45.12.0. Think it should be 7.45.11.0.

When I determine enemy fighter status and roll a Kaczmarek, does that mean the enemy fighter doesn’t attack as long as I’m in formation? In this case I was out of formation and b) on CT-2a seemed to infer that the plane pressed the attack with a Green pilot which is what I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loaded for Bear was shot down on mission 2. Or was it? No, it wasn't, I missed one detail when I read his play-test AAR weeks ago. His B-26 was hit and took three hits in the left engine. First killed it, the second was a superficial damage and the third caused it to run away. I missed that detail. The second and third hit would have been superficial.

There is no rule covering this though, and I suppose we can improvise this event. Eventhough it was killed by the first hit, the third could cause it to runaway since all hits were by the same fighter in the same attack. I would have played it as if the second and third hit were superficial damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.