Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » Rules

Subject: Knight of shackles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unsure about a few things:
1. I am guessing that when he cannot focus a breach anymore it opens?
2. If the card says to open a breach does it open regardless of the focus?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both counts.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
I'm unsure about a few things:
1. I am guessing that when he cannot focus a breach anymore it opens?
2. If the card says to open a breach does it open regardless of the focus?


1. As you can see on the breach: the option disappeared. That indeed means you cannot take the action anymore.

2. It doesn't get any clearer than that does it Focus means focus, and open means open, both having the same effects as for your own breach.
KoS loves seeing you waste aether on his breaches only for them to instantly open.
He's a cruel knight.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
borsook wrote:
I'm unsure about a few things:
1. I am guessing that when he cannot focus a breach anymore it opens?
2. If the card says to open a breach does it open regardless of the focus?


1. As you can see on the breach: the option disappeared. That indeed means you cannot take the action anymore.

2. It doesn't get any clearer than that does it Focus means focus, and open means open, both having the same effects as for your own breach.
KoS loves seeing you waste aether on his breaches only for them to instantly open.
He's a cruel knight.

I don't understand your answer to 1. It is a bit unclear, because the player doesn't focus to open, but uses a different action. However his breaches do not have any word about opening, and the unleash talks about focusing only.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If a breach is focused when it can't rotate any further, it opens. This applies to player breaches as well.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
weasel47 wrote:
If a breach is focused when it can't rotate any further, it opens. This applies to player breaches as well.


To be fair, I completely missed that too for well over a year. But yeah, players can do this too.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, that basically means the first focus the knight uses on the breaches after setup immediately opens them - correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixo wrote:
So, that basically means the first focus the knight uses on the breaches after setup immediately opens them - correct?


Knight of Shackles' breaches start facing the right and turn clockwise. It normally takes them four unleashes to open, going from Right->Down->Left->Up->Open.

Note that I say 'normally' - each payment to un-rotate breaches will stall this by an unleash, and there are some other things that can influence this.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.