United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still working my way through S21. Just moved a T34-M41 into LOS of one of the Pz. IF2's, which held its fire until the T34 moved closer. It missed on its first shot. The T34 continued to the adjacent hex of the IF2, where the stopped Panzer took an Intensive Fire shot with a +2/-2 cancelling each other out. It rolled an 11 To Hit, causing the MA to Malfunction.
The T34 continues to move along side and then behind the IF2, traversing its turret to line up shot to the IF2's rear.

Can the IF2 go into Motion Status (which would be automatic since the T34 has been in LOS for more than 6MP's and the IF2's don't have Mechanical Issues like the Tigers), turn its VCA around irregardless of having its Malfunctioned MA? Would I have to shoot with the Bow gun to make this maneuver legal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It cannot go into Motion since it is already marked with a Fire counter.

It might be able to turn its VCA to fire its MG at the T-34 (which should have stopped adjacent to the IVF2 to maximize both its TH and TK#s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
It cannot go into Motion since it is already marked with a Fire counter.

Arrgh! I forgot that rule.

perrycocke wrote:
It might be able to turn its VCA to fire its MG at the T-34 (which should have stopped adjacent to the IVF2 to maximize both its TH and TK#s).

Ahh, so it can still turn its VCA to fire without going into Motion then. Cool.
I opted to not stop the T34 directly behind and adjacent to the IF2 since there are two more IF2's a few hex's away to the East that would have it in LOS. Behind that tree its much safer for the time being
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilgore Trout
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Perry indicated, see Section 3.3.2.1, p.13, last column. "An AFV may only make..".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilgore234 wrote:
As Perry indicated, see Section 3.3.2.1, p.13, last column. "An AFV may only make..".

On it, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheesh. Just reread How to Kill a Tiger in Jay's Tank Tutorial. Answered everything I had questions about all on a few pages.

How long before all this stuff (meaning rules) comes immediately to mind when playing and not having to stop and look it up? Frustrating this iszombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
How long before all this stuff (meaning rules) comes immediately to mind when playing and not having to stop and look it up? Frustrating this iszombie

It's part of the unique charm of ASL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Sheesh. Just reread How to Kill a Tiger in Jay's Tank Tutorial. Answered everything I had questions about all on a few pages.

For some of us, never.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.