Popular Tags: [View All]
Shay Rickman
Australia
Success
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're pushed into the city during the creatures actions do you receive all of the benefits of the city such as healing and removing tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Whitehead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I hope so... That's how I've been playing it! whistle

I have another question if I may tag on to this thread, as it is similar? Regarding position cards that move NPC/Worker/heroes/creatures as a result of special ability, quests etc. I know creatures can't move through city of kings (so presumably if an option moves through it then I'd move onto the next position option?). But NPC, workers, and heroes, can they use a position card to end on a tile outside of CoK but having to love through it on the way? How does this work for hounds etc? Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
Lover and creator of immersive games, join the adventure!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyranos wrote:
If you're pushed into the city during the creatures actions do you receive all of the benefits of the city such as healing and removing tokens?

Yes, as long as it's the end destination of the panic/knockback you do get the benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JDW1987 wrote:
I hope so... That's how I've been playing it! whistle

I have another question if I may tag on to this thread, as it is similar? Regarding position cards that move NPC/Worker/heroes/creatures as a result of special ability, quests etc. I know creatures can't move through city of kings (so presumably if an option moves through it then I'd move onto the next position option?). But NPC, workers, and heroes, can they use a position card to end on a tile outside of CoK but having to love through it on the way? How does this work for hounds etc? Cheers

The easiest way to think of it is all allies/good people can go onto and through the city, all bad guys can't.

Heroes, workers, NPCs can all go onto and through the city.
Creatures and minions cannot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Whitehead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Cheers. And is the same true as for above? Unless the position card 'ends' on city of kings, they don't get the benefits? Edit: does the position card just determine the end location, or does the whole path have to be clear (ie in the case of baddies, the path can't cross through the city)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JDW1987 wrote:
Cheers. And is the same true as for above? Unless the position card 'ends' on city of kings, they don't get the benefits? Edit: does the position card just determine the end location, or does the whole path have to be clear (ie in the case of baddies, the path can't cross through the city)?

Hey James, apologies but I'm not 100% sure I follow.

When you draw a position card:

If something is moving (such as a quest NPC), then it travels the entire line.

If something new is being placed on the map (such as placement of a hound), you only worry about the end destination.

Does that help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Whitehead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think it does... I'll let you know when I next set it up. Essentially, if a creature is on tile directly above CoK and has a move ability, and the position card would send it to the tile directly to the tile to the east of CoK (via 1 south then 1 east), am I right in saying I'd have to choose the next position as it can't travel through CoK (despite not actually ending in CoK)? Sorry if that's a bit convoluted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank West
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JDW1987 wrote:
I think it does... I'll let you know when I next set it up. Essentially, if a creature is on tile directly above CoK and has a move ability, and the position card would send it to the tile directly to the tile to the east of CoK (via 1 south then 1 east), am I right in saying I'd have to choose the next position as it can't travel through CoK (despite not actually ending in CoK)? Sorry if that's a bit convoluted.

That is correct!

No need to apologise, I just want to make sure I'm answering the correct question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Whitehead
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Perfect, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.