Testament» Forums » General

Subject: Thank you very much, Zimeon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... for the brilliant translation of gamemanual and stage boards.

I will not buy the Japanese version of this game, but I really hope they will do this in English (AEG - BIG in Japan ?).

I assume that you played the game, so I hope you can answer my question.

I think the rules are surprisingly easy, but according to the manual the game is "maddeningly difficult" and the boss fights are "very tough".

For me the problem is: is this game "difficult" or "frustrating" ?

Difficult: you may try many times to clear a stage but after refining your skills and tactics you have a good chance to defeat the boss, luck (dice rolls and card draw) is of minor importance

Frustrating: luck (dice rolls an card draw) is absolutely necessary to defeat the boss, refining your skills and tactics won't help much

I really hope it is only difficult

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Chan
msg tools
Having played and beaten the game, I'd say its more difficult than frustrating since there's pleasantly very little luck in the game. Its not like playing Eldritch Horror where you flip a card and everything goes to hell and that's why its a hard game. The game has very little luck involved outside of power rolls and monster summons. It plays more like a big puzzle since you can see everything that's going to play out and you don't really have to worry about missing your hits or surprise disasters. On the other hand, because there's very little luck, the game ramps up the difficulty by just making everything really strong and some bosses straight out terrifying.

The whale boss for example is absolutely exhausting to fight because he summons multiple cores that heal and generate armor while he silences your skills and slaps you silly. My team wasn't properly equipped to burst down the cores which led to a very long fight. My tank eventually died from accumulated pain and we only pulled through in the end cause of my Soul Action being charged up enough for Che to punch a hole into that whale. Each boss has a dangerous gimmick but you can always prepare for it.

Hope that answered your question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the information.

I really hope they do this in english ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bluufish wrote:
(...)

Thanks for the impresions ^^.
Umm, It bothers me about the few random elements. Would you say it's replayable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.