Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which version is generally seen as the best one to get in terms of components & gameplay:

Kamisado - HUCH & Friends
Kamisado Max
Pocket Kamisado

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not bother with Kamisado Pocket: Kamisado Pocket - does not include the full game!.

I haven't played Kamisado Max, but I'm pretty satisfied with the standard game, and find it hard to imagine the special virtue of 10x10 over 8x8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carthoris wrote:
I would not bother with Kamisado Pocket: Kamisado Pocket - does not include the full game!.

I haven't played Kamisado Max, but I'm pretty satisfied with the standard game, and find it hard to imagine the special virtue of 10x10 over 8x8.

I have Kamisado HUCH and Kamisado Pocket. My Pocket copy is by far my most frequently played version!

As Tom V said in his review a long time ago - I never play the “full” version. I would rather play te basic games a few time and do like a best out of 3 if a single game feels unsatisfactory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend regular Kamisado over Kamisado MAX.

It's grat that it has got the Chinese characters for colour blind, but in MAX it's on both sides, whereas on regular one side is with, the other is without ehich makes it a lot cleaner.

Also, MAX is 10x10 rather than 8x8 which I feel is perhaps too many options for this game.

On the other hand, MAX is actually the very original Kamisado and comes also with all the rules that were in the original game (silver and gold squares)...

I still prefer the regular one though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.