Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Pufky
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding of the rules, you've played it correctly. Just because you've emptied your hand doesn't mean you move onto the next step of the turn order. You move onto the next step when the current runner chooses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I just read the rules on this, and I think you played it correctly as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was correct, this is a basic tactic used by some of us. When one runner gets staggered you wait until they start their next turn to draw the card then another runner heals them, netting them a total of three cards instead of one (or two, if he healed before their turn).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cant
United Kingdom
Retford, Notts
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting staggered and healing has no long term penalty other than discarding your hand/discard pile. So it’s entirely possible to absorb a ton of heat and keep getting healed every round. It’s common for the runner in position 1 (usually a tanky street samurai) to pull everyone to him and get staggered repeatedly while the rest of the team get a bit of breathing room to take everyone out.

The HQ expansion does introduce lethal which would counter this start though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.