Subject: Screaming Bracers and Ancanthus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Screaming Bracers says "On arrival, if possible, add an Acanthus Plant terrain card to the showdown..."

I'm not clear on how this works. For example, the Screaming Antelope already has the Acanthus Plant terrain card in play (with 6 markers instead of the usual 2). Do we add even more, or is it not possible because the card is already out there?

But if I understand this correctly, for any other showdown where the Acanthus Plant terrain card isn't automatically used, then we add one, along with the two markers on the board. But is that in addition to the random terrain cards, or is it one of them?

And do you first draw the random terrain cards to see if one of them is Ancanthus, and then if not add it? Or do you add it first, and then draw the random ones?

Finally, if two different people are equipping the Screaming Bracers, does that have any additional impact?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sintec
msg tools
Here's how I play it.

1) If the showdown set up names specific terrain which must be placed, remove those cards from the deck (for the antelope that's 3 acanthus cards (6 tiles) and 1 bug patch card).
2) Shuffle the deck and draw N random terrain cards, as described by the showdown set up.
3) For each survivor wearing bracers remove 1 Acanthus card from the deck (vs this Antelope this is max 1 as we've already used the other 3 in step 1).
4)Arrange all the terrain on the board as described in the setup and on the cards, setup rules taking precedence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Corson

Springfield
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
sintec wrote:
Here's how I play it.

1) If the showdown set up names specific terrain which must be placed, remove those cards from the deck (for the antelope that's 3 acanthus cards (6 tiles) and 1 bug patch card).
2) Shuffle the deck and draw N random terrain cards, as described by the showdown set up.
3) For each survivor wearing bracers remove 1 Acanthus card from the deck (vs this Antelope this is max 1 as we've already used the other 3 in step 1).
4)Arrange all the terrain on the board as described in the setup and on the cards, setup rules taking precedence.

Exactly how I do it as well

Sometimes hard to place all the acanthus in respect to its 6 spaces apart rule when you have all 8 plants plus more terrain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul4768 wrote:
sintec wrote:
Here's how I play it.

Exactly how I do it as well

Sometimes hard to place all the acanthus in respect to its 6 spaces apart rule when you have all 8 plants plus more terrain

Awesome, thank you.

That brings up another question. For the Screaming Antelope, you are supposed to put 6 tiles all within the circle shown on the setup map, but there is no way to fit 6 tiles in there where they are all 6 spaces apart. I assume the scenario setup rules override the setup restrictions on the card? But then for any extra ones they would go outside of that setup circle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 99.999999999999% certain those 6 plants can be anywhere in the specified area. I think the rules even say this, somewhere.

Leaving that fraction of a percent because KD:M has proven me wrong where I've been certain before Either way it wouldn't be game breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Yeah, showdown setup rules always trump card rules. For example the antelope puts a bug patch in a very specific square that violates the setup rules on the card; that's fine.

In the case where you have the 3 acanthus from the showdown setup + another one you set up the 6 tiles from setup anywhere you want in the indicated spaces around the monster, but then the extra 2 tiles you get from the 4th card follow their regular rules of being spread out 6 spaces away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Taboobat wrote:
Yeah, showdown setup rules always trump card rules. For example the antelope puts a bug patch in a very specific that violates the setup rules on the card; that's fine.

In the case where you have the 3 acanthus from the showdown setup + another one you set up the 6 tiles from setup anywhere you want in the indicated spaces around the monster, but then the extra 2 tiles you get from the 4th card follow their regular rules of being spread out 6 spaces away.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.