Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tatterdemalion
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Well hello!

I guess that the title of the thread says it all.

I used to play Blood Bowl 2nd edition as a teenager back in the early 90's. On a nostalgic whim I picked up Blood Bowl 3rd edition via eBay about seven or eight years ago, as well as quite a few old Games Workshop miniatures. Alas, my 3rd edition has never seen any action and now sits atop a wardrobe in my spare bedroom collecting dust!

Fast forward to December 2017 when Santa Claus kindly brought me a copy of Blood Bowl 2 on PS4 for Christmas. Although I've never played the game online I've certainly enjoyed BB2 (despite the bugs and glitches) and once again I felt that itch to play on a table top. This led me to picking up a copy of the 2016 edition of Blood Bowl a few weeks ago and attempt to make a serious effort to locate an opponent!

So, is there anyone in Chesterfield who would like a game of Blood Bowl or two on an evening or at the weekend? Preferably someone who'd be patient enough not to destroy me while I re-learn the game that I always loved so much as a kid. I believe that Geeks Headquarters in Chesterfield would be a good venue for a spot of Blood Bowl violence.

Any takers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought GHQ ran a league, they did when the new version was released anyway.

You could also try Chesterfield Open Gaming Society, you might find players there.

Good luck finding a worthy adversary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tatterdemalion
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Thanks for posting, Joe; much appreciated.

I believe that GHQ did indeed organise a Blood Bowl league about a year or so ago but unfortunately I don't think that the league is active at present. I'll perhaps try and touch base with COGS as per your suggestion and see if anyone there would enjoy a spot of Blood Bowl mayhem.

Thanks again for chiming in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.