Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Frantz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the solo rules section, what does this mean?:

"Attention: As passive player, the player cannot use die actions as in the normal game."

I saw elsewhere in the forums that the you can use the +1 die action as passive player, even in the solo game. And you can never re-roll as the passive player. So I'm not sure what this is referring to.

Please help! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lockard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are right. You may not re-roll but you may use the +1 die action. At least, this is how I play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Frantz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't understand the specifics of that statement in the solo rules section. I'm not sure what 'die actions' it's referring to that you don't carry out as the passive player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfgang warsch
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
That's maybe not the best translation of the original German sentence (although I think the rest of the rules are perfectly translated).
A better translation of this senence would be: Like in a multi-player game, as passive player you cannot use the re-roll action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what part you're confused about, so here's a recap:

In a solo game, you alternate turns as the active player and as the passive player.

The two "die actions" refer to the re-roll and +1 action bonuses you can acquire as you play the game.

In the normal game, if you are the passive player, you can still use a +1 action if you have it. However, in the solo game, you can only use your extra actions as the active player - not as the passive player (the rules explicitly state this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Frantz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScrabbleRouser wrote:

In a solo game, you alternate turns as the active player and as the passive player.

The two "die actions" refer to the re-roll and +1 action bonuses you can acquire as you play the game.

In the normal game, if you are the passive player, you can still use a +1 action if you have it. However, in the solo game, you can only use your extra actions as the active player - not as the passive player (the rules explicitly state this).

It was stated in another thread that you CAN use the +1 die action even in the solo game. That's why the phrase was confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My German is very weak, but the “Solo-Spiel” section of the rules says “keine Nachwurfel-Aktion einsetzen”, and back in “Die Aktionen” the Nachwurfel-Aktion is the re-roll action.

So it seems the English translation is incorrect—you CAN use the extra-die action as the passive player. And I’m glad I saw that now as I’ve played once with the English rules as written and did quite poorly so now I have an excuse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
ScrabbleRouser wrote:

This is contradicted by the poster immediately above you. Who happens to be the designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes H.
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
Meat is for pussies!
badge
Karma is a funny thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a Solo play question: What happens if I can't use a dice from the silver tablet being the passive player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dixijo wrote:
I also have a Solo play question: What happens if I can't use a dice from the silver tablet being the passive player?

Same as in the multiplayer game - you get to choose one of the dice not on the platter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes H.
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
Meat is for pussies!
badge
Karma is a funny thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi.i have Just started playing this solo. So can you use the +1 die action as the passive player? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi.i have Just started playing this solo. So can you use the +1 die action as the passive player? Thank you.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
ScrabbleRouser wrote:

This is contradicted by the poster immediately above you. Who happens to be the designer

Yes. He clearly wins. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.