Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/13/media/april-ryan-reliable-so...

This is how tribal politics has become;

White House correspondent April Ryan says she's received death threats from the public since asking press secretary Sarah Sanders at the White House press briefing on Tuesday if President Donald Trump has ever "thought about stepping down."

Sanders, in response, told Ryan "no" and said her question was "absolutely ridiculous."

"That was one of the options that I was told was on the table and had been on the table before," Ryan told CNN's Brian Stelter. "It's not beyond the realm of logic right now because this president is in the midst of a firestorm on various issues."

Laughs, personally, I thought it was a ballsy question, and although I suspect she knew the answer, she felt obligated to ask, and I see nothing wrong with that. It's her job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
Laughs, personally, I thought it was a ballsy question, and although I suspect she knew the answer, she felt obligated to ask

Sanders was right; it was a ridiculous question, and a waste of everyone's time.

Sanders should've mashed it out of the park: "Absolutely, every day, when he reads your fake news stories about chaos instead of telling the American people how hard he's working to improve their lives, when instead he could be relaxing at one of his fabulous resorts, such as... blah, blah, blah, blah; now, who else wants to ask a great question like that one?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah if she thought it was ridiculous she should have just answered no, and moved on, calling it 'ridiculous' just fuels the fire, between the press and the Administration. It's clear they have a tough time handling any questions that might reflect negatively on the Administration, or ones that question their moves and motives. She has to learn to just answer the question, and move on. She tends to expound a lot, when her rantings tend to kiss Trumps ring, but when asked a tough question, she whiffs at it, and does so rather badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
calling it 'ridiculous' just fuels the fire, between the press and the Administration.

But it was ridiculous; if saying so "fuels the fire," that's on the press, not her.

abadolato01 wrote:
It's clear they have a tough time handling any questions that might reflect negatively on the Administration [...] but when asked a tough question, she whiffs at it

The question doesn't reflect negatively on the administration, nor is it a tough question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockpaper Scissors
United States
flag msg tools
It is a silly question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Laughs, I suspect it may become a prescient question, as opposed to ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it was a ridiculous question per se, but it was certainly a pointless one, given that the answer was utterly predictable. With only so many opportunities to ask questions at these gatherings, I'm not sure I'd waste my time asking a question to which I know the answer before I ask it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Smith
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
I don't think it was a ridiculous question per se, but it was certainly a pointless one, given that the answer was utterly predictable. With only so many opportunities to ask questions at these gatherings, I'm not sure I'd waste my time asking a question to which I know the answer before I ask it.

To be fair it's not like you're going to get any truthful or substantial answers to important questions at those things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that just showing up for those press conferences is silly by itself, as they convey no actual information anyway.

The man who is working oh so very far to deny that he likes women that spank him and pee all over him because it's not manly enough would not, under any circumstance, admit any weakness of any sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a bit OT, but am I the only person who feels a bit sorry for Sanders? I mean, hasn't she got a pretty good job, but every time I see her on the news or youtube she looks so fucking miserable, so why does she keep doing it? Is she a true believer or what? Any explanations welcome.
Edit for spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
Nah if she thought it was ridiculous she should have just answered no, and moved on, calling it 'ridiculous' just fuels the fire, between the press and the Administration. It's clear they have a tough time handling any questions that might reflect negatively on the Administration, or ones that question their moves and motives. She has to learn to just answer the question, and move on. She tends to expound a lot, when her rantings tend to kiss Trumps ring, but when asked a tough question, she whiffs at it, and does so rather badly.

Along those lines I learned, when living in southern Africa, that when a politician used the words 'absolutely' and 'whatsoever' in denying an allegation, the allegation was most likely true.

If the politician said simply, "That is not true", he was probably telling the truth. But if he said, "There is absolutely no truth to that, whatsoever", I would know that the allegation was, in fact, true.

For example,

"Is it true that Nelson Mandela has been placed in solitary confinement and is not allowed to talk to any of his fellow prisoners?"

"No."

Translation: 'No.'

"Was Steven Biko murdered while in custody?"

"There is absolutely no truth to that allegation, whatsoever."

Translation: 'Yes, Steven Biko was murdered while in custody'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.