Subject: Question about Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jane
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

I am confused with all the names and the options on the page that I don't know what they mean. Which option is for those who do NOT have the base game and just wants the base game to play, solo?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The $85 pledge gets you just the base game.

The $120 pledge gets you the base game AND the Totally Liquid expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
anolinde wrote:
Hi!

I am confused with all the names and the options on the page that I don't know what they mean. Which option is for those who do NOT have the base game and just wants the base game to play, solo?

Thanks!

#1 -- If you just want the game to play solo, you can do that with the retail version. The solo game is not a Kickstarter exclusive.

#2 -- Still want the Kickstarter version? Of course you do!

Then you want to back at the $85 level - "Dinosaur Island: X-treme Edition"

This will get you all of the KS exclusive goodies available in this campaign for Dinosaur Island.

That said, for your reference:

[*]Dinosaur Island: Totally Liquid is the new expansion that adds a player but it also adds several game play modules that should work with the base game's solo mode.

[*]Duelosaur Island is the new 2 player game in the world of Dinosaur Island. This game also has a solo variant, which was unlocked as a stretch goal.

The 10 dice (5+5 stretch goal dice) in Duelosaur Island are all different from & compatible with the 10 in Dinosaur Island. So if you were to also buy it, you double the dice pool of both games for increased replayability. In the solo mode for Dinosaur Island, you only use 5 of the 10 dice for the entire game, so more dice means much more variability in set up.

[*]I have played this game solo quite a bit (17 times this year) and I do not think the extra dice are necessary. Nor do I think that you need the expansion.

I have, however, enjoyed the game quite a bit solo and I plan to buy both the 2 player game and the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s the $85 pledge titled “Dinosaur Island: X-treme Edition”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all! It's a bit pricey, but then again I heard last time it sold out quickly, so it might be a good idea to get in on this now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
anolinde wrote:
Thank you all! It's a bit pricey, but then again I heard last time it sold out quickly, so it might be a good idea to get in on this now...

If you aren't interested in all the plastic extra bits the retail version is cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.