Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Bowden
Australia
Fountaindale
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game and Forsaken Lore. I’m interested in adding the Focus action, but am not really interested in getting any of the expansions with additional game boards.

So, do any of the smaller expansions like FS contain rules and counters for Focus?

Or is this something I can add with homemade counters? (In which case, is there a summary of the rules anywhere? I gather that you can spend an action to Focus, and then use that to reroll a dice at a later time, but I don’t know what restrictions there are on this...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ainsley kearns
Australia
flag msg tools
Yes, Strange remnants comes with about 14 focus tokens and rules on how to use them.
Syzygy AOO (out of SR) was our first win in our 4 player group.

Ainsley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les S
msg tools
mbmbmb
You can use focus to reroll one die (per focus token you possess)and it’s limited to 2 per investigator. (Check page 3 of the strange remnants rules)You can see the rules for all expansions on the FFG page for EH under support tab.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/eldritch-horr...

I’d definitely recommend strange remnants(syzygy is my fave AO) however I can’t see anything wrong with using proxy tokens to perform the focus role. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Focus is fantastic and easy to implement. As others have said, strange remnants has focus tokens in it. Personally, all the small box expansions are worth getting and add.a lot of variety and replay to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dahlia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
You can add it without any expansion. Just use any tokens really. I personally use Eldritch tokens for that and it works fine. Place an Eldritch token on character sheet= focus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the official Rules available online (linked to by Lezlor):

"This expansion introduces a new action that can be performed by any investigator. As an action, an investigator on any space gains one Focus token.

An investigator may spend one Focus token to reroll one die when resolving a test. There is no limit to the number of Focus tokens he can spend to reroll dice.

An investigator cannot have more than two Focus tokens"

That's it.

As has been implied, Focus tokens are completely generic (all are the same front and back). Any small coins, counters, chips, candies, can be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Before Masks there is no ingame reason for eldritch tokens to ever be on a character sheet (unless you use them to mark once per round character abilities as "tapped" as I did), so might as well just use Eldritch tokens as Focus proxies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.