Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to purchase Railways of Great Britain and Railways of Europe, but I don't want to necessarily want to purchase the base game - Railways of the World. Is there any way I could buy the base game components that I would need to play Great Britain and Europe without buying the base game? My thought is that I would have to purchase the base game as well - is this a correct assumption.

Thank You,
Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, gotta buy the base game.

Only Railways of Nippon is standalone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At eagle gryphon's website you can order most components on their own. I'm not sure if you could get everything you need, but it might be worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only ever want to play with 4 or fewer players, the Nippon base game is a bit cheaper. But if you want to be able to play with up to 6, you'll need to buy the Railways of the World base game. It also gives you a map for up to 6 (Eastern US) & a map for 2 (Mexico).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I think Eagle-Gryphon Games sells the other components you will need separately. Let's see, you'll need a set of trains for each player, track tiles, engine level placards, money, new city tiles which may come with one of the track tile sheets, bond certificates, goods cubes and empty city markers. I would have included a score track, but I think both the Europe and Great Britain boards have a score track around the edge. Maybe the new maps don't have score tracks. I'm sure Eagle-Gryphon Games will be glad to sell all this to you, but it may be less expensive just to buy Railways of the World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, everyone, for responding.

Jimmy, thank you for detailing the listing of components required. I think you are right in that it would be less expensive to just buy Railways of the World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnpusher wrote:
Maybe the new maps don't have score tracks.

They definitely still have score tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that ROE and RoGB will play perfectly fine for up to four players with the RoN version of the Base Game. That would be a cheaper option than the RotW Base Game. You would forgo the RotEUS and RoM maps, but would gain the RoN map.

The ROE and RoGB maps have score tracks on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.