King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a HUGE project and something I'm highly interested in long term. But shelling out for everything feels a little silly, so I'm interested in cherry picking.

Can someone point me in the direction where I can find the list of items that are related to gameplay only? And what would be the best way to keep track of their availability?

Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sum
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend the FAQ on the kingdom death reddit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Core box is a pretty good cherry to start with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
KDM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
This is a HUGE project and something I'm highly interested in long term. But shelling out for everything feels a little silly, so I'm interested in cherry picking.

Can someone point me in the direction where I can find the list of items that are related to gameplay only? And what would be the best way to keep track of their availability?

Thank you so much!

Such a list will need extensive notes :-)

There is the core game. Then 12 expansions from the first kickstarter campaign that were reprinted just now and are being shipped to backers of KS2 as we speak. These are focused on gameplay.

Then there are the 16 expansions that were first introduced in KS2, and will ship in 2019 or 2020. Focused on gameplay as well.

Then the Gambler's Chest, a big box of both miniatures and rules. Some hope for that to come end of 2018, but 2019 is more realistic. This is also focused on additional gameplay.

And now the grey area starts. There are some minis that include tidbits of gameplay content that is compatible but balanced to various degrees:
- white box minis, six different ones: Percival, Fade, White Speaker, Before the Wall, Beyond the Wall, Allison the Twilight Knight - these have one or two gear cards, sometimes a sticker that updates a few lines of rules in the core game rulebook and are pretty balanced, can be included in the game easily
- till death do us part set - a set of two miniatures and "an experimental rule" - this rule is a prototype of a rule to come in Gambler's Chest presumably, you can play a campaign with this included but this is not making your experience more complete, rather giving you an alternative for a new campaign
- various promotion and pinup miniatures - too many to list, but many of those include maybe one gear card, with the items on those being usually overpowered, sometimes scifi lorewise and not matching the lore of the game at all, there are no rules how you would incorporate those into the game - you would have to go through them 1 by 1, come up with houserules how to add to the game - adding all of them and making them easily obtainable will unbalance the gameplay completely
- some paper only items like very old gencon promo, the beta version of the scenarios PDF on the website, the valentine's week rule - gameplay related as in the gencon promo was starting gear for the beginning of campaign, and a rule for playing during the week of Valentine's day for example - you can find those online, print and incorporate, no other way to obtain those

This list is probably missing something that is on similar level to what is included in the promo minis. I can only recommend sifting through what is listed as KDM related items on BGG.

There are also a lot of miniatures that just share the Kingdom Death brand, but are not part of Monster as the game. So not gameplay relevant at all.

And to absolutely complete you gameplay experience, you would need to obtain a v1.31 core game (shipped from KS1), a v1.5 core game (that is what is available currently), and also get the errata that turns v1.31 into v1.4 printed.

TL;DR: Complete means different things to different people. Study all available components, decide if you need those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricktor Black
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:

Thank you so much!

Yeah, honestly, just getting your hands on the Core box is probably all that 90% of the people interested will ever need. The expansions and add-ons are great for hardcore fans etc, but you really don't need them. You can easily put 300 - 400 hours in just playing the content in the core box and get the full experience without really missing out.

The expansions and add-ons I feel are more interesting if you really get into assembling and painting miniatures. If that is the case... that opens a whole new world of expenses and time sinks. I've fallen pretty deep into the miniature hole that past couple years and I love it. But don't underestimate the investment of time and money. It's a whole new hobby (I rarely go a full week without ordering something new: paint, brushes, thinner, airbrush, medium, tools.......)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Slashdoctor wrote:

Thank you so much!

After the fulfillment of all waves of the 1.5 Kickstarter -- if no other promos are released from now until then -- I believe this is a complete checklist. Many of the pinups & promos that come with gameplay elements come with the Satan Level Pledge, but this is something I've been looking into myself:

I. Kingdom Death Monster 1.5 Core

II. The Gambler's Chest

III. Old Expansions from Original Kickstarter

1. Dragon King
2. Dung Beetle Knight
3. Flower Knight
4. Green Knight Armor
5. Gorm
6. Lion God
7. Lion Knight
8. Lonely Tree
9. Manhunter
10. Slender man
11. Spidicules
12. Sunstalker

IV. New Expansions from 1.5 Kickstarter

1. Abyssal Woods
2. Black Knight
3. Campaigns of Death
4. Death Armor
5. The First Hero
6. Frogdog
7. Gryphon
8. Honeycomb Weaver
9. Inverted Mountain
10. Ivory Dragon
11. Nightmare Ram
12. Oblivion Mosquito
13. Pariah
14. Red Witches
15. Screaming God
16. The Silver City

V. Pinups & Promos

1. Allison the Twilight Knight
2. Anonymous Survivor
3. Before the Wall
4. Beyond the Wall
5. Fade
6. False Messengers
7. Holiday White Speaker Nico
8. Halloween Twilight Knight
9. Percival
10. Pinups of Death 1
11. Pinups of Death 2
12. Super Survivors
13. White Speaker
14. Xmas Twilight Knight

VI: Other Promos
(Designed as "fun" items. No official way to integrate them into the game.)

1. Black Friday Ninja
2. Detective Twilight Knight
3. Order Knight
4. Sci-Fi Twilight Knight
5. Sci-Fi White Speaker
6. Warrior of the Sun
7. Wet Nurse

VII: Prototypes

1. Till Death Do Us Part

VIII: Crossovers

1. Candy & Cola
2. Goth Amy
3. Pathfinders of Death
4. Death Drifter

There other things like the Aya and Paul promos which have already been released, but will now come with gameplay elements with the 1.5 Kickstarter as part of the Promos of Death. They haven't been revealed yet, so I didn't include them on the list.

Good luck! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if that answers the question, but if you are looking only for regularly playable content, the list is quite shorter:
- core 1.5
- all 12 original expansions (aka ks2 wave 2)
- nine among white boxes and pinups:
* Allison the twilight knight
* White speaker
* Before the wall
* Beyond the wall
* Percival
* Fade
* Xmas twilight knight pinup
* Halloween twilight knight pinup
* Till death do us part
- the scenario pack available to download for free on kdm website.
- the Valentine's day card (gimmicky, but official) from Valentine's day 2016 on kdm tumblr)

That is everything released up to today.

On top of that, there is a bit promo content which is not official (promo settlement events, promo gear), and you shouldn't bother with it unless you want to collect even the stuff which should not impact a regular campaign.

From then on, you have content from wave 3 and 4, and you should subscribe to the kdm newsletter to not miss your chance at jumping in in time if that hurts.

About the promos of death content, could someone link me the official statement from Adam about it? As far as I remember, there was a bit of talk about it, but that content being released was a fan exaggeration of c Adam saying that he would like to rewrite that stuff organically, not actual content. If there is official source of this actually happening, I would like to know (to get in line )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Slashdoctor wrote:

Thank you so much!

You have to clarify what you mean by gameplay content.

The core game, old expansions, new expansions and gamblers chest are a no-brainer.

The promos and pinups are the issue. While all of them add minimal gameplay content (usually one or two cards), some (Like Feyd) are actually decent. Others are just kind of silly and aren't meant to be taken seriously (I wouldn't add them to a campaign even if I had them).

I'd check out the KD website/store and go through the list of sold out content. Go through each listing, if it comes with a card (which isn't simply an art card) then it provides gameplay content. They'll usually give a short description of the content and you can decide whether it's worth the money or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cori Chan
United Kingdom
ShauKiWan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Not sure if that answers the question, but if you are looking only for regularly playable content, the list is quite shorter:
- core 1.5
- all 12 original expansions (aka ks2 wave 2)
- nine among white boxes and pinups:
* Allison the twilight knight
* White speaker
* Before the wall
* Beyond the wall
* Percival
* Fade
* Xmas twilight knight pinup
* Halloween twilight knight pinup
* Till death do us part
- the scenario pack available to download for free on kdm website.
- the Valentine's day card (gimmicky, but official) from Valentine's day 2016 on kdm tumblr)

That is everything released up to today.

On top of that, there is a bit promo content which is not official (promo settlement events, promo gear), and you shouldn't bother with it unless you want to collect even the stuff which should not impact a regular campaign.

From then on, you have content from wave 3 and 4, and you should subscribe to the kdm newsletter to not miss your chance at jumping in in time if that hurts.

About the promos of death content, could someone link me the official statement from Adam about it? As far as I remember, there was a bit of talk about it, but that content being released was a fan exaggeration of c Adam saying that he would like to rewrite that stuff organically, not actual content. If there is official source of this actually happening, I would like to know (to get in line :) )

promos of death.
Aya and Paul will have game content developed similar to Alison and White Speaker. This game content will be included in card pack when released.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that is good enough.
It's not that I did not see that back then, it's just that my brain filtered it as noise. Let's see what will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.