zombie homer
msg tools
designer
I have tried the coop scenario 3 times (twice solo controlling 2 heroes, and once with 3 players, 3 heroes), and have yet to beat Ariad.

I have a couple of questions on the story quest cards, in particular the ones that place webs in shrines, towns, etc.:

1. Do you find drawing 1 of these late in Act 2 makes it impossible to beat Queen Ariad? (especially with 2 heroes. I can’t imagine how tough it’ll be with a single hero...)

2. Is the scenario easier to beat with more heroes, since these cards do not scale according to the number of heroes?

I’m hoping to hear your thoughts and appreciate if you can hide any strategy advice under spoilers, so we can try to figure out how to beat this oversized arachnid ourselves

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you should post this right now. I just finished a 2 hero game with a friend (we gave up when we flipped the spawn web in each shrine story card on the second last story square on the time track and there were already 6 other webs around.

My feeling is it doesn't scale well for a small number of players, although admittedly only needing to defeat one avatar is a decent trade-off.

I suppose you need to optimize at least one hero for movement and have that player focus largely on clearing all webs as they appear, rather than later in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played, and Ariad was almost defeated her... It was very close, and I think the trick is to leave as many webs as possible (particularly close to Burrow Town where she spawns), so when she jumps, she doesn't jump very far, and it's easier to catch up and re-engage. We wouldn't have had time to clear out tons of webs AND try to gear up, and you need to do the latter if you want to stand a chance at winning any given scenario. Though I guess if you managed to clear all the webs, you'd benefit from her not moving. It didn't seem realistically possible in our game, because everywhere that could have a web, had one. Or at least it seemed like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.