Subject: Random Scenario Generator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't tend to use this sort of thing, but I've just noticed that there is a block of untranslated French text in Column 1 of page 3.

Quel dommage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find...I just checked my copy and there's a paragraph, in the middle of the first column, which is in French...Ooops! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ainsi traduisez si vous plait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you copy the text I can translate it for you. I have a French edition so I am not sure as to what section you're referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Rewucki
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second paragraph of the RS.11.1 section
"Si, quelle que(...)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, please bear in mind that I have not used the RSG yet, so I am just translating the text as is (not sure how the VP marker gets on the fire power track)

"If the VP marker is still, regardless of the situation, on the Fire Power track, it (VP marker) is then placed on space 20 of the the Victory Points track, on its +20 side (thus corresponding to 40VP)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
crap!

RS.11 a paragraph is in french. To be replaced by: If, in any case, the VP marker is still on the Firepower Track, it is immediatly placed into the "20" space of the Victory Point Track showing its +20 side (thus corresponding to 40VP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Galli
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The 4th Hussars Do Not Ride Donkeys!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some additional issues that I noticed regarding the RSG procedure:

1/ RS 2: "might" should probably be "may".

2/ RS 7: Where is the highest ranking leader table? I could not find it in the playbook, rulebook, or charts. I might just be blind!

3/ There appear to be insufficient French Territorial or American Replacement platoons in the countermix in order to select a green battalion. Should we substitute something else? If so, are the VP values for those BNs adjusted?

4/ There are insufficient American Hotchkiss MGs in the countermix for a battalion OB. I assume we can just use a French one. However there is no note (as there is for the Chauchat) that says we can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
gallid wrote:
2/ RS 7: Where is the highest ranking leader table? I could not find it in the playbook, rulebook, or charts. I might just be blind!

Rulebook, p.6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Galli
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
The 4th Hussars Do Not Ride Donkeys!
mbmbmbmbmb
JMcL63 wrote:
gallid wrote:

Rulebook, p.6.

I saw that table. That table does not tell you which leaders you get in an RSG game per RS 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Sorry I wasn't any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Rewucki
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I`ve checked as well and it seems that the Highest-ranking Leader Table is missing.
Can designers provide us with it ASAP? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gallid wrote:

3/ There appear to be insufficient French Territorial or American Replacement platoons in the countermix in order to select a green battalion. Should we substitute something else? If so, are the VP values for those BNs adjusted?

4/ There are insufficient American Hotchkiss MGs in the countermix for a battalion OB. I assume we can just use a French one. However there is no note (as there is for the Chauchat) that says we can.

1/ thanks
2/ sorry about that: please read here
3/Short on troops? yes, that's the way it is!
4/yes, use the French Hotchkiss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
bonzillou wrote:
gallid wrote:

1/ thanks
2/ sorry about that: please read here
3/Short on troops? yes, that's the way it is!
4/yes, use the French Hotchkiss.

Re: short on troops...perhaps offering another counter sheet or more would resolve this? Same for the machine guns. At a cost of course whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.