Subject: Campaign “breakpoint” clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boof Boofski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably an obvious question, but I want to make sure. A breakpoint in the campaign means we can do (all?) the following:
1) visit settlement locations
2) go to random dungeons
3) visit new settlements

Basically it is an interlude to play as we wish before continuing the narrative?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yes, you can pretty much do anything you normally would if you were not playing with the Campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boof Boofski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
It took me 16 days to reach the first town in the narrative, due to some unlucky events, but I manage to get there with only a single Serious wound to show for it, which I’d say is pretty fortunate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Wow 16 days? And you survived? I think that's pretty lucky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhuadrhi Oliver
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
16 days!? Amazing. I’d say the characters definitely deserve a breakpoint after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boof Boofski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, yea. I really lucked out in rolling “nothing happens, continue on your way” results for most of the journey events. And attribute tests were in areas my Black Knight was strong. I’m really not expecting his luck to last ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boof Boofski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And his luck ran out pretty quickly in the second dungeon, where a mission that has constant threat of Insanity plus an unfortunate encounter with a couple Faceless Ones left him permanently insane ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Sorry to hear that!

You really need to stock up on some Consumables and items that will help with this, the only problem is that you have got to find them first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boof Boofski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit there was some level of frustration, since I was the character poorly equipped to handle mind checks and insanity, in a mission that didn't allow escape. Although, if I hadn't encountered the Faceless Ones, I would have been OK. I still made it pretty far in the mission. And the most important thing is it was still a ton of fun.

I will chalk it up to a learning experience and opportunity to try another class

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Well you know what they say in Intermundis...

Memento Mori

It WILL happen, is just a matter of when
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.