Subject: Keeping track of moved ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Any preferred way you like to keep track of what ships you already moved during your turn?

I am a new player and find it can be easy to forget some moves due to all the counters on the board in later turns.

Just curious how you approach ship movements (without using any home made “move” markers if possible )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Griffiths
United Kingdom
East Grinstead
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a lot of movable groups to keep track of, I tend to rotate them all 90° at the start of each turn, and rotate each one back after I've moved it.

It's a bit of extra busywork but it does the job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I just rotate the stacks to mark them moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I sometimes try to work from left to right. I find there are often several distinct areas of operation, so in that case, I move the ships in one before moving on to the next area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Edward

Talladaga
Alabama
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I turn them 45 degrees so they are more noticible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robertthegamer wrote:

45 deg for me too. It would make sense to leave them in the 45 deg position and just rotate 45 deg back one the following move. But my OCD gets the better of me. As soon as I finish my move, I straightening them ready to go again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Edward

Talladaga
Alabama
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nath1975 wrote:
Robertthegamer wrote:

45 deg for me too. It would make sense to leave them in the 45 deg position and just rotate 45 deg back one the following move. But my OCD gets the better of me. As soon as I finish my move, I straightening them ready to go again.

I go back and straighten them also, but that helps keep track of what's happening.
Especially on big boards with lots of action going on, and trying to remember what ship is where!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rotating works best, but I've also used cubes. I have cubes left over from my completed game of Pandemic Legacy. There are red, blue, and yellow. Green has to use black, but it works. Just drop a cube on the stacks or hexes that have finished moving.

I haven't run out of cubes, even when marking stacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
hyzer wrote:
Rotating works best, but I've also used cubes. I have cubes left over from my completed game of Pandemic Legacy. There are red, blue, and yellow. Green has to use black, but it works. Just drop a cube on the stacks or hexes that have finished moving.

I haven't run out of cubes, even when marking stacks.

I'm using wooden cubes instead of MS Pipelines already but got mine from spielmaterial.de.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another cube user here too. I have an old copy of Age of Mythology: The Boardgame that I never play and I ended up getting extra fancy resources and "animeeples" for use with my copy of Agricola so I have a bunch of leftover cubes and small wooden discs that are perfect for all my wargaming needs like marking stacks, battle locations, etc. - easier to see too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Edward

Talladaga
Alabama
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those original RISK game wooden cubes are great!

I also use the black ones to note MINERS mining nebulae for GOLD!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use cubes too.. mine are tiny dice! 😊

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cajuntechie wrote:
I use cubes too.. mine are tiny dice! 😊

I've done that too - plus you can use them to show values from 1 to 6. I have a bunch of miniature d6's I use with Warhammer 40K with my sons. You can get a bunch of Chessex miniature d6's for pretty cheap and they're good with "buckets o' dice" games too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.