Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: Automa - Final Scoring Tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buba
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi Everyone,

I am loving this game. I have a question regarding the final scoring tile "Owning the most structures that are part of federations". How does the Automa use that tile for building priority and moving up the scoring board? Since the Automa doesn't build federations is that scoring tile ignored? Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
DEATH FROM ABOVE
mbmbmbmbmb
It is ignored in building priority tiebreaker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buba
Canada
flag msg tools
So the Automa doesn't move up on that track at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
DEATH FROM ABOVE
mbmbmbmbmb
It does. For the scoring it’s a total number of all buildings minus one. It’s just automatic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buba
Canada
flag msg tools
Yes, I forgot about the total -1 for scoring. So if I have final scoring tile "Owning the most structures that are part of federations" on one track and final scoring tile "Owns the most structures" on the other track does the Automa treat them both as Owning the most structures and therefore the end game goal is cut down to 1 instead of 2 for final scoring for the Automa? The Automa will still score on both tracks. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rnolletti wrote:
So if I have final scoring tile "Owning the most structures that are part of federations" on one track and final scoring tile "Owns the most structures" on the other track does the Automa treat them both as Owning the most structures and therefore the end game goal is cut down to 1 instead of 2 for final scoring?
The automa scores the goal for owning the most structures exactly like you do. Then it scores for the most structures in federations but uses a quantity equal to all its structures less one. So, in effect, the automa has federated all his structures except one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buba
Canada
flag msg tools
Haha! I just looked it up in the Automa rulebook and saw it on page 8 under "End Game Scoring".

Great! Thanks for your help guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.