Subject: Stacking limit on artillery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Am playing through this game solo and a dinky little game it is too.

A question though. How many artillery units can stack in a hex? mitrailleuse are discussed as being free. Since they are always stacked with artillery units, does this make artillery units free as well? Or does the two unit limit apply there. If it does, then there is effectively a limit of two mitrailleuse per hex, rather than there being ‘no limit’ as stated in the rules. I realise this is being picky but I want to be clear.

My cognitive function is low today so apologies if I have missed something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

Am playing through this game solo and a dinky little game it is too.

A question though. How many artillery units can stack in a hex? mitrailleuse are discussed as being free. Since they are always stacked with artillery units, does this make artillery units free as well? Or does the two unit limit apply there. If it does, then there is effectively a limit of two mitrailleuse per hex, rather than there being ‘no limit’ as stated in the rules. I realise this is being picky but I want to be clear.

My cognitive function is low today so apologies if I have missed something.

The two unit limit applies so theoretically, you could have 2 artillery batteries and their 2 Mitra in the same hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

That’s how I read and applied it. Like I said, a bit brain dead today and didn’t want to screw the rules up from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the question Jim and the answer Dave! You are indeed fast on the trigger.

Right - the artillery + mitrailleuse combo is considered to be one unit for stacking purposes.

And glad you're enjoying the game!

Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.