Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb

After much reflection, I concluded that catering this event was the most stressful part. Figuring out how much food to buy, how much to charge, and serving all that food while surrounded by the siren song of a thousand seductive board games was just too much. I've decided to discharge myself from the catering role, and it really is a relief. I will provide bottled water and ice and refrigeration will be available. I'll probably have one of the kids roll out the shave ice cart as well. The rest is up to you.

I've created this forum to allow Game Swap attendees to coordinate food "acquisition". It may be helpful or completely unnecessary, I'm not sure. Use this forum to coordinate any of the following:

d10-1 a shared delivery order from one of the local restaurants.
d10-2 a shared pickup order from one of the local restaurants.
d10-3 a shared grill to use on the property (sorry, I don't own one).
d10-4 a visit by a food truck or other food vendor.
d10-5 a fully catered banquet.

I'm happy to share any plans you have on the main event page, as well as provide any rudimentary support at the event itself. I do not want to be responsible for any purchases or payments or cleanup. Keep in mind that this event is attended by a variety of hungry gamers, both familiar and new, and if you do not intend to share your fully staffed buffet or potluck, it might get a bit awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
Like every American suburb, there are a surfeit of dining choices within a 5 mile radius of the event. McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Taco Bell, KFC, Subway, Domino's, and Jimmy John's. There's a Dickey's Barbecue Pit, a Famous Dave's BBQ, Five Guys Burgers, Happy Teriyaki, and a Wing Stop. There's even a Costco just down the street if you decide to go the party platter route. I'd be highly tempted to pre-order a Famous Dave's platter the night before, but that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend who runs a BBQ food truck. I can see what kinda thing he could do if ya want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget UberEats, DoorDash, etc. There are lots of drivers around that area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanna play Illuminati?
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Food truck rally! Fantasium Comics and Games usually has a hotdog vendor at their tournaments. I could ask for a referral if this idea gets support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
waterland_gamer wrote:
Food truck rally! Fantasium Comics and Games usually has a hotdog vendor at their tournaments. I could ask for a referral if this idea gets support.
Worth a shot, thanks! I've got a Hot Dog vendor who operates out of the Puyallup Farmers Market on Saturdays - Dog House Concessions - who would be willing to attend. I'll check their prices and post them here and then we'll figure out if the event is worth their while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend who just started a BBQ truck doesn't have permits for Pierce Co. yet. So maybe next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raynz
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm glad you've taken these duties off your plate! [PUN!] Appreciate you creating these events! Keeping your stress to a minimum and enjoyment to a maximum is how we can help ensure the "PNAGS" continues for years to come!

More than happy to coordinate my own food "acquisition" and let me know if there's any other ways we can help!

Here's to a great 2018 Swap! (Though if I come home with as many games as I did last year, I may be in trouble... blush

- Byron
(That tall guy who helped with the auctions last year)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
waterland_gamer wrote:
Worth a shot, thanks! I've got a Hot Dog vendor who operates out of the Puyallup Farmers Market on Saturdays - Dog House Concessions - who would be willing to attend. I'll check their prices and post them here and then we'll figure out if the event is worth their while.
I've decided I won't be engaging any outside vendors for this event. It's really difficult to estimate attendance and my concern is that the demand will be too low, wasting the vendor's time, or too high and there won't be enough food to go around. And honestly, the more I think about it, the more reasonable delivery/pick-up seems. Everybody gets what they want, when they want it and no one is overburdened with the responsibility of organizing lunch.

So let me get this started: if anyone is interested in barbeque, reply here and let me know. You can check the Famous Dave's menu and send me an order before July 7th (I'll place the order the night before). I'm prepared to handle about half-a-dozen orders; beyond that, we can organize additional groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.