Subject: Strategy for the short scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herve Duval
France
Bavay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just played my first 3 games of 1806. I love the rules and the material.

I have only played the short scenario, which I find difficult for the French (probably because I do not have the right strategy).

Does anyone have any advice?
Also how do you prevent the Prussian Weimar corps from taking Bamberg (other than by bringing Augereau or Murat back to Bamberg, which is not really what happened in 1806)?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Busson
France
Aubenas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Task for the French is not easy even in a long scenario. French player must get victory points otherwise the Prussian will win. That's how we balance the game as french troops are faster, stronger and have better leaders.

In the short scenario you have to earn at least 8 points (starting at 11, must lower VP to 3 or less).

Here are some advices :

1. Weimar corps will surely threaten Bamberg. So you will have to protect the road with at least Augereau. Murat is more usefull elsewhere, however you can also go to try to destroy Weimar with both Murat and Augereau. Weimar = 3VPs...

2. Try to get Leipzig or Halle. Bernadotte and Soult are best suited for this task. It means 3 VPs.

3. Erfurt is the key, 4 VPs. French troops have to concentrate quickly in order to take it. If you can win a battle on the way it will surely give you the VPs you need to get victory.

Overall the game is, imho, more difficult for the French player during the first games as you are on the offense, so you lead the tempo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent GERARD
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The French player must be active and attack. If he is too cautious, he will loose the momentum. If he is too aggressive, he may well end up fighting a battle in a bad position.

So that if you have a beginner playing with an experienced player, the latter should take the French on the first few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.