Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Twilight Imperium: Fourth Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Saar Space dock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there limits to the number of Saar space docks? Its a space unit, but not a ship, so I feel there'd be no limits. I assume ground units can go to any planet in the same system?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Limits in what sense? You can still only have three, since there's only three plastic pieces to represent them....

Yes, ground forces would [-](as with any other space dock)[-] be placed on any (controlled) planet in that system.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They do not count towards Fleet Supply, but you are limited by the number of figures, of course.

As for the other question...

Living RR v1.1 wrote:
59.4 If a player uses the “Production” ability of a unit in a space area of a system to produce ground forces, those ground forces may either be placed on a planet the player controls in that system or in the space area of that system.
• If a player places a ground force in the space area of a system, it cannot exceed that player’s capacity in that system.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AgentDrake wrote:
Yes, ground forces would (as with any other space dock) be placed on any (controlled) planet in that system.

This is incorrect for other types of Space Dock. It only applies to Floating Factories.

Ground Forces produced by units that are on planets must be placed on a planet that contains one of the units using production and that unit must be able to produce ground forces (important for Arborec).

Here's the rule:

Living RR v1.1 wrote:
59.3 When a player produces ground forces, he must place those unit on planets that contain a unit that used its “Production” ability.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
AgentDrake wrote:
Yes, ground forces would (as with any other space dock) be placed on any (controlled) planet in that system.

This is incorrect for other types of Space Dock. It only applies to Floating Factories.

Ground Forces produced by units that are on planets must be placed on a planet that contains one of the units using production and that unit must be able to produce ground forces (important for Arborec).

Here's the rule:

Living RR v1.1 wrote:
59.3 When a player produces ground forces, he must place those unit on planets that contain a unit that used its “Production” ability.


Oh, shoot— just re-read through all that and the LRR on SDs. I totally missed that SDs are “on” planets in that sense. Well, that’s embarassing....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Handrinos
Greece
flag msg tools
Can I remove the dock as a casualty in a space battle?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W G
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
ImperiumRex90 wrote:
Can I remove the dock as a casualty in a space battle?


No, since it is not a ship and cannot be assigned a hit.

The only way to festroy Saar Space Docks is by blockading them, ie eliminating the fleet around them and having ships of your own in the system.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herbert Muench
msg tools
Avatar
Going to hijack this thread: can Gravity Drive be used to increase the movement of Floating Factories? I'd say no, since GDs wording is that a ship gains +1 movement whereas the FFs themselves count as units and structures.
What do you think, and why?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ludek michera
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Somnambulix wrote:
Going to hijack this thread: can Gravity Drive be used to increase the movement of Floating Factories? I'd say no, since GDs wording is that a ship gains +1 movement whereas the FFs themselves count as units and structures.
What do you think, and why?
this has been ruled by dane. They are affected even by flanking speed, Lightwave deflector etc..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herbert Muench
msg tools
Avatar
Alright, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.