Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Au
United States
Mineola
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(Please be kind to me for this is my own personal opinion)

EDIT: This is for the KS insert made by Czacha Games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/429029786/champions-of-...

Kinda disappointed for this being the "official wooden insert".

I built the insert but it still did not hold everything as promised especially from the Jarl edition of the KS. I have all the promos (including from Dice Tower and Game Boy Geek) and extra pieces.

Here is what I have to say:

- I had no space left that I had no need for the extra foamcore that was included.

- Putting all the sleeved cards were so tight that I couldn't even add dividers to separate the different types of cards. I was able to add dividers for all the cards when I used the original insert from the JARL pledge.

- The instructions did not even say that you need glue!

- There is no cover over all the boxes so various pieces like the coins and the blame tokens are exposed and loose.

- I had the JARL pledge so I had the extra bits and the insert barely had enough space to hold them. I had to finagle the coins and even then I had 1 or two coins that make the top part of the insert higher.

- I prefer to keep my player colors in their own boxes instead of separating them by type. There was space to break them out by color.

- There is no videos or close up images to tell you how to store everything so I had to rely on KS campaign images but even then they were from an older version so I had to look through the updates. (They changed the design slightly during production.)

- It couldn't separate the market stall tiles (technically there are 3).

- There was no "designated" space for the character boards and leader ability boards. They are just loosely sitting in an void that was created by the surrounding inserts.

- The box holding the cardboard dice tokens has a cover but it is a "place on top but sits on top of the dividers" cover not a "sliding" cover and therefore is very loose.

- There are some really small boxes that I'm not sure is needed.

EDIT: I want to add some Pros to my note.

+ Considering how much small pieces there are, I am quite surprised that they are able to get most of them separated and organized.

+ Sleeved cards are able to fit in the box, at least height wise.

+ If you have the bigger box, it does fit when it comes to length & width.

+ I love how the spaces are engraved.

+ At the time of the KS, this was the only insert available. That is why I ordered it. Unfortunately, other companies have created inserts in the time it takes for this insert to be sent to their backers, so I don't blame the company.

+It does cut the setup time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Official Insert- Disappointment to me
What insert is this?

Clearly you don't mean the one that comes with the Jarl level....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Eddy
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
jooice wrote:
What insert is this?

Yeah I was trying to figure out what was going on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Campbell
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
jeddy lee wrote:
jooice wrote:
What insert is this?

I assume this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also picked this insert up, but I don't have the Jarl edition. I do have all expansions/promos and I think they did a great job squeezing it all into the base box. There is a little lid lift, but I'm OK with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Au
United States
Mineola
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SabataSmurf wrote:
jeddy lee wrote:
jooice wrote:
What insert is this?

I assume this...

Yes, I was talking about this. Sorry, I was really frustrated with this being called "official wooden insert" that I forgot that to mentioned the source. I've edited my original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine today, and for the $65 US price, it was a mess. Here's what I've found so far:

1. Mailing label was wrong for US delivery, its not surprising there are delivery issues.
2. Scorch marks on wood
3. Warped boards made assembly very challenging
4. Poor instructions. Given the complexity of the assembly, I'd expect the instructions to be more granular. Especially given some pieces could be assembled backwards accidentally.
5. Pieces were loose during assembly, like a first generation insert.
6. There were no solid instructions of what went where. While some sections had icons, I had several boxes that were blank. A simple guide to what went there on a one page insert would have solved this problem.
7. Foam cover was mis cut. How could the creator have missed this? Yes, I can manually cut it, but should I have to? and what if the foam tears.
8. Insert didn't flush up at the top. some sections were higher than others, with no explanation as to why.

I don't know whether my Kickstarter with expansions will fit in this box, because there are sections without labels, so I'm not sure what goes where, and there doesn't seem to be a place for the player boards.

All and all, really disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.