Hide
7 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mausoleum Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Schulte
msg tools
Just finished my second play through and it was the first with someone using Halicarnassus. We all found the explanation of the Stage 2 bonus unclear. Is drawing from the discard a onetime ability performed immediately upon completing the stage or is it a continuous, turn-by-turn ability?

Thanks for any help and apologies if this had been asked in the forums before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Sharma
Canada
flag msg tools
My understanding is that as soon as that stage of the wonder is completed, at the end of that age, and at the end of all the subsequent ages, that player can have a look at the discarded pile and pick and play (or discard for money) 1 card. So, essentially, they can have up to 7 cards in their tableau to other players' 6.
For example, if they complete the stage in the first age, they can then play up to 3 extra cards than everyone else (1 extra for each age) by the end of the game.
Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the turn when you complete the stage you go through the discard and play a card for free. It is only a one time ability and does nothing after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(This comment is directed at the first reply)

No, this isn't right. It's a once-off ability which happens on the turn that you build that stage. When you build that stage, you immediately look at any cards which have been discarded so far this game, including any which are being discarded on this turn, and build one of them for free. You can't discard it for coins or use it to build your wonder.

If you're using the B side of this wonder, then this happens each time you build one of the stages.

This means that if you build this wonder stage as your last play of an age, you will also get to choose from the unused cards that are being discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PenumbraPenguin wrote:
(This comment is directed at the first reply)

(use the 'quote' button, makes it more obvious)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - In this case I decided not to because I didn't want to quote the entire post and there wasn't really a specific wrong thing to narrow down the quote to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PenumbraPenguin wrote:
Thanks - In this case I...

Ah.
In that case I usually start the quote but then randomly throw in some ellipsis "...". So it's still perfectly clear who you are referring to (especially if they decide to later delete their post, then yours doesn't look like a crazy person).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.