Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
The goal of the scenario is:

Reveal the G tile, kill all revealed enemies, and loot the treasure tile.

The treasure tile is on the G tile. So, unless I am not understanding all it really needs to say is

Kill all revealed enemies and loot the treasure tile.

Right?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Baker
msg tools
Xaqery wrote:
The goal of the scenario is:

Reveal the G tile, kill all revealed enemies, and loot the treasure tile.

The treasure tile is on the G tile. So, unless I am not understanding all it really needs to say is

Kill all revealed enemies and loot the treasure tile.

Right?

Thanks

Knowing nothing about that scenario beyond the goal (haven’t played it yet), it could indeed say that. Two guesses as to why it doesn’t:

1) One of the crypts (I forget which) has a goal of “reveal a specific map tile and kill all revealed enemies”, so they copied that template over and didn’t bother removing the mention of a specific tile when it turns out that looting the treasure tile makes it necessary to get there anyway.

2) For those who avoid looking too closely at the map other than the starting room, mentioning a specific tile is a hint as to your destination so you don’t take a detour and reveal more than necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like your on the right track but I didn't find it any more or less confusing than your way.

I'd say Isaac could have gotten by without mentioning revealing the G tile but maybe he wanted to make sure it was clear that you only need to reveal the G tile and any other tiles not revealed didn't need to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Fromhell
msg tools
The reason for the goal is this:

There are two paths to the G tile, the left one and the right one. If you choose only one of these paths, there will be unrevealed monsters on the other path, and those monsters you don't need to kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fringer 11 wrote:

There are two paths to the G tile, the left one and the right one. If you choose only one of these paths, there will be unrevealed monsters on the other path, and those monsters you don't need to kill.

Sure, but OP’s formulation describes that more succinctly. My guess is that informational redundancy was judged to be clarifying here, so the objective is more verbose than it needs to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenhope wrote:
Fringer 11 wrote:

Sure, but OP’s formulation describes that more succinctly. My guess is that informational redundancy was judged to be clarifying here, so the objective is more verbose than it needs to be.
Thanks everyone. I think this is what it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beacuse the way its worded avoids spoiling the location of the treasure tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Willottica wrote:
Beacuse the way its worded avoids spoiling the location of the treasure tile?
Probably. But because of the way the page is laid out you see the treasure tile as you read the goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The way it's spelled out, you know immediately that you have two paths to choose from. You know which tile is the G tile, but you don't know where the treasure chest is. If it just said you have to loot the treasure tile, those playing to the best of their ability not to have extra knowledge of the map would be put at a significant disadvantage. They would probably reveal the nearest two rooms, thus revealing all rooms and having to kill all enemies.

People playing with the app that hides extra rooms would be at a disadvantage here no matter which wording is used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.