Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » Rules

Subject: Revenant question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Billups
msg tools
mbmbmb
If the Revenant would deal 10 wounds to an enemy, but the enemy only has 3 health remaining, how many Blood Wounds would the Revenant recover?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
I would rule that he is based on the occured Wounds of bis Damage(e.g. 3 Wounds and not the rolled 10 for Damage)

At least that makes sense to me the possible damage is 10 but the inflicted Wounds are 3 since thats the targets remaining Life and thats what is important for me convertion from Damage to Wounds is the last thing you do after reducing damage by armor or evasion etc. before dealing blood wounds you have to do a certain Number of Wounds (the 7 other Damage cant be transferred into wounds at the end of your attack simply because no further Life left and so they are no blood wound either)

At least in my opinion.

Cheers
Peter
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
It is only the Wounds you have caused, so even if you score 10 Wounds but the character can only be Wounded 3 times, then you only Wounded them 3 times.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolino Paperino
Switzerland
Banco
flag msg tools
The revenant has initiative 8. It means in many battles he will be among the first to attack. Is it correct that Blood Wounds “compensation” with wounds inflicted with Melee Attack works only against enemies with initiative >= 8?
Due to his high initiative the revenant will get most of his blood wounds after he has already completed his attack turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
blackrider81 wrote:
The revenant has initiative 8. It means in many battles he will be among the first to attack. Is it correct that Blood Wounds “compensation” with wounds inflicted with Melee Attack works only against enemies with initiative >= 8?
Due to his high initiative the revenant will get most of his blood wounds after he has already completed his attack turn.


You are right I was wondering the same
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
groescha wrote:
blackrider81 wrote:
The revenant has initiative 8. It means in many battles he will be among the first to attack. Is it correct that Blood Wounds “compensation” with wounds inflicted with Melee Attack works only against enemies with initiative >= 8?
Due to his high initiative the revenant will get most of his blood wounds after he has already completed his attack turn.


You are right I was wondering the same


I do not see the logic in this one.

What does it matter if the Revenant Initiative i of 8? If there are Monsters on the board to kill, he will get rid of those Blood Wounds if he Wounds any of them, regardless of their Initiative order.

Monsters do not spawn in Initiative order, so again I am confused on the issue raised here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
MauroP wrote:
groescha wrote:
blackrider81 wrote:
The revenant has initiative 8. It means in many battles he will be among the first to attack. Is it correct that Blood Wounds “compensation” with wounds inflicted with Melee Attack works only against enemies with initiative >= 8?
Due to his high initiative the revenant will get most of his blood wounds after he has already completed his attack turn.


You are right I was wondering the same


I do not see the logic in this one.

What does it matter if the Revenant Initiative i of 8? If there are Monsters on the board to kill, he will get rid of those Blood Wounds if he Wounds any of them, regardless of their Initiative order.

Monsters do not spawn in Initiative order, so again I am confused on the issue raised here.


Following examples:
In a turn at Ini 8 the Revenant attacks and do 6 damage to creature with Ini 4, but he does not have any Blood Wounds yet. So this healing option is wasted.
At Ini 4 the surviving creatures attack and deal him 6 Blood Wounds.
Because the turn is over now, those wounds become 6 real wounds.
The next turn the Revenant starts with 6 real wounds at Ini 8 again, but he is unable to compensate now.

If a creature has Ini 9 (or 8) and gives him Blood Wounds, he can compensate them during his following attack.
So his ability only works with 4 Monsters at the moment.

Or did I get anything wrong?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolino Paperino
Switzerland
Banco
flag msg tools
groescha wrote:

Following examples:
In a turn at Ini 8 the Revenant attacks and do 6 damage to creature with Ini 4, but he does not have any Blood Wounds yet. So this healing option is wasted.
At Ini 4 the surviving creatures attack and deal him 6 Blood Wounds.
Because the turn is over now, those wounds become 6 real wounds.
The next turn the Revenant starts with 6 real wounds at Ini 8 again, but he is unable to compensate now.

If a creature has Ini 9 (or 8) and gives him Blood Wounds, he can compensate them during his following attack.
So his ability only works with 4 Monsters at the moment.

Or did I get anything wrong?


That's exactly my point In my first game the Revenant was the character with highest initiative in all battles and he was not able to remove any Blood Wounds since those have been added to him after his attack turn was already over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Smecca
msg tools
Yes exactly the same problem of a friend of mine... and considering the low health value of the revenant and that he can't be healed by cursed heart make thge revenat a poorly character... the turn usually is revenant attack, then revenant take dameage, exorcist heal revenant... if exorcist has no faith point, revenant is dead...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
My testers have usually found the Revenant to be the most tanky of all, so I am not entirely sure what is going on here, let's elaborate...

The Revenant can suffer Blood Wounds starting from the End of his turn, until the end of his next turn, I think we are all in agreement with this one right?

If you suffer Blood Wounds during this time, the Revenant has a chance to recover those during his turn, BEFORE the end of it, so regardless if Monsters hits you before or after your turn, you always have a change to recover during your turn.

If your Accursed companions kills all Monsters before you have a chance to recover, then maybe you need to rethink your tactics and have a strong word with them
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:


The Revenant can suffer Blood Wounds starting from the End of his turn, until the end of his next turn, I think we are all in agreement with this one right?



I guess this was unclear.

If he can only compensate during a round then the described initiative problems would arise.

If he can compensate as quoted it is now possible for him to recover blood wounds from monsters with lower initiative.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Smecca
msg tools
MauroP wrote:


The Revenant can suffer Blood Wounds starting from the End of his turn, until the end of his next turn, I think we are all in agreement with this one right?



Sorry Mauro but this was not clear.
So the blood wounds become real wounds at the end of the next revenant turn? we thought at the end of the turn af all 4 accursed and monster...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
MauroP wrote:

The Revenant can suffer Blood Wounds starting from the End of his turn, until the end of his next turn, I think we are all in agreement with this one right?


The text on the dashboard says:"...Blood Wounds become regular Wounds at the end of your turn."

If you say it is meant: at the end of his next turn
I am fine with it and it would make perfect sence.
Maybe you could say:


--------------------
Sorry I have an other stupid question, about the last sentence on the Revenant dash board:

"Any Wounds suffered once you have gained a number of Blood Wounds equal to your Health value, become a regular wound."

Does it mean, that 8 Bood Wounds become only one real wound?

Thanks
for your help Mauro
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolino Paperino
Switzerland
Banco
flag msg tools
Hi Mauro,
thanks for taking your time in clarifying this. I'm not totally sure to understand your sentence, in particular "The Revenant can suffer Blood Wounds starting from the End of his turn, until the end of his next turn"

Based on the ability on the Revenant sheet, my understanding was the following (simplifying).

Accuresed: Revenant (initiative 8)
Enemies: Skorn Savage (initiaive 4)

ROUND 1
1) Darkness Roll phase
2) Exploration phase
3) Event phase
4) Charachter turns
-> Revenant move+attack
The Revenant deals damage/wounds to the Skorn savage. Since he doesn't have Boold Wounds yet, none is removed
-> Skorn Savage move+attack
The Skorn Savage deals boold wounds to the Revenant
5) End of Turn -> all Blood Wounds become real wounds

When you say "The Revenant can suffer Blood Wounds starting from the End of his turn, until the end of his next turn" it seems that Blood Wounds gained in ROUND 1 remains as such until the end of ROUND 2. Is that the case? If yes I think the ability should be rephrased (unless I completely misread it)



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Smecca
msg tools
groescha wrote:

Sorry I have an other stupid question, about the last sentence on the Revenant dash board:

"Any Wounds suffered once you have gained a number of Blood Wounds equal to your Health value, become a regular wound."

Does it mean, that 8 Bood Wounds become only one real wound?

Thanks
for your help Mauro


I think that you can have just 8 blood wounds. In the moment, no matter which turn is, you gain 9 blood wounds it become a real 1 wounds. then you can recover blood wound during your turn...

Edit: maybe you have to consider not your max health value but your current health value...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
baruaja wrote:
MauroP wrote:


The Revenant can suffer Blood Wounds starting from the End of his turn, until the end of his next turn, I think we are all in agreement with this one right?



Sorry Mauro but this was not clear.
So the blood wounds become real wounds at the end of the next revenant turn? we thought at the end of the turn af all 4 accursed and monster...


You are confusing Rounds with Turns. The distinction between the two are specified within the rulebook.

Round contains Accursed Turns and Monster Turns.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Smecca
msg tools
Ok! thank you again..

you're right...

Can you elucidate us on the other question?

the last part written on the revenant dash board?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
baruaja wrote:
Ok! thank you again..

you're right...

Can you elucidate us on the other question?

the last part written on the revenant dash board?


"Any Wounds suffered once you have gained a number of Blood Wounds equal to your Health value, becomes a regular wound." This part?

So if your Health Value is 10, a number of Blood Wounds equal to your Health value is 10 correct?

So, "any Wound suffered once..." means that when you gain 10 Blood Wounds any Wounds after that becomes a regular Wound.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolino Paperino
Switzerland
Banco
flag msg tools
Hi Mauro, sorry if I insist but this is still not clear. If you could answer based on this dummy round sequence I think it will be clearer.
Very simple case with Revenant (Init. 8) and Skorn Savage (Init. 4).

Assuming the Skorn is dealing N wounds to the Revenant in his turn of Round 1:
- when will these N wounds become Blood Wound?
- when will the N Blood Wound become real wounds if not compensated with the Revenant's ability?

ROUND 1
1) Darkness Roll phase
2) Exploration phase
3) Event phase
4) Charachter turns
-> Revenant move+attack
-> Skorn Savage move+attack (deals N wounds to the Revenant)
5) End of Round 1

ROUND 2
1) Darkness Roll phase
2) Exploration phase
3) Event phase
4) Charachter turns
-> Revenant move+attack
-> Skorn Savage move+attack
5) End of Round 2
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
blackrider81 wrote:
Hi Mauro, sorry if I insist but this is still not clear. If you could answer based on this dummy round sequence I think it will be clearer.
Very simple case with Revenant (Init. 8) and Skorn Savage (Init. 4).

Assuming the Skorn is dealing N wounds to the Revenant in his turn of Round 1:
- when will these N wounds become Blood Wound?
- when will the N Blood Wound become real wounds if not compensated with the Revenant's ability?

ROUND 1
1) Darkness Roll phase
2) Exploration phase
3) Event phase
4) Charachter turns
-> Revenant move+attack
-> Skorn Savage move+attack (deals N wounds to the Revenant)
5) End of Round 1

ROUND 2
1) Darkness Roll phase
2) Exploration phase
3) Event phase
4) Charachter turns
-> Revenant move+attack
-> Skorn Savage move+attack
5) End of Round 2


- Immediately as he suffers Blood Wounds instead of regular Wounds.
-At the end of the Revenant's incoming Turn.

Round1
4. Correct, except these are Blood Wounds not regular Wounds.

Round2

4.At the end of his Turn, the Revenant will turn all Blood Wounds he failed to recover into regular Wounds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Smith
United Kingdom
Dundee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
blackrider81 wrote:
Hi Mauro, sorry if I insist but this is still not clear. If you could answer based on this dummy round sequence I think it will be clearer.
Very simple case with Revenant (Init. 8) and Skorn Savage (Init. 4).

Assuming the Skorn is dealing N wounds to the Revenant in his turn of Round 1:
- when will these N wounds become Blood Wound?
- when will the N Blood Wound become real wounds if not compensated with the Revenant's ability?

ROUND 1
1) Darkness Roll phase
2) Exploration phase
3) Event phase
4) Charachter turns
-> Revenant move+attack
-> Skorn Savage move+attack (deals N wounds to the Revenant)
5) End of Round 1

ROUND 2
1) Darkness Roll phase
2) Exploration phase
3) Event phase
4) Charachter turns
-> Revenant move+attack
-> Skorn Savage move+attack
5) End of Round 2


I think what you're missing is that the Revenants turn is already over before he receives the blood wounds. Those are received on the Skorn Savage's turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolino Paperino
Switzerland
Banco
flag msg tools
Thanks now it's clear
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.