Maximum Apocalypse» Forums » Rules

Subject: blowtorch - do i have to DISCARD fuel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Grimnirfist
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reloading weapon with bullets takes an action - and what about blowtorch?
The text on the card is: "Can only be reloaded by spending a fuel". Does "spending" means "discarding"? Discard is free and that gives you one more action comparing to reloading any other weapon with bullets. On the other hand the Author says that we should always choose more harmful option... But fueling the van does not take an action - so maybe fueling blowtorch is action-free discarding too?

p.s.
yeah, probably i'm a sissy and can't spend action like a men... But still ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to refer to the Kaiju rules on this one in context of it being a free action to fill up a Robot. Also, from the core rules we know filling up the van is a free action as well, SO my opinion is that it's ok to reload Fuel weapons as a free action since you're forced to have fuel equipped to your character already. I won't be surprised if Mike says it should take an action though since it's the "harder" option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rokter wrote:
Reloading weapon with bullets takes an action - and what about blowtorch?
The text on the card is: "Can only be reloaded by spending a fuel". Does "spending" means "discarding"? Discard is free and that gives you one more action comparing to reloading any other weapon with bullets. On the other hand the Author says that we should always choose more harmful option... But fueling the van does not take an action - so maybe fueling blowtorch is action-free discarding too?

p.s.
yeah, probably i'm a sissy and can't spend action like a men... But still ;-)

Well, discarding fuel FOR THE OBJECTIVE is a free action, so I would say that you need to spend an action to refuel the blowtorch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can reload the blowtorch or any weapon with the fuel symbol by spending an action and removing a fuel card from the game. Obviously you need to be holding that fuel card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Grimnirfist
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys, and thanks for a good game, Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.