Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this once, and a bit ropey on the rules.

I don't understand the significance of the bombers/fighters, and more importantly why there are generic ones; and what they do.

Q1. It says you can send bombers to other people's locations, but why would I do this as it doesn't render any damage.

Q2. What is the difference between generic bombers/fighters and your own? Why would you ever build generic ones?

Q3. Does putting fighters in my own airspace prevent others from bombers into my airspace? IE: Are they defensive only

Q4. Can fighters in my airspace be used to shoot down bombers during a military action?

Sorry for the questions. I did enjoy the game, I just didn't really understand the fighters/bombers.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I’ve been playing ...

1 - to deny them the 7 vp for clear skies during bomber scoring. You also get vp per nuke symbol on your bombers.

2 - you use generic fighters to “clean up” your skies by removing other players bombers. (I believe at least)

3 - yes, they take up a slot in your airspace. But there *are* six others. They are better used to remove fighters.

4 - to my knowledge ... not if they are already in your airspace. You react to placements.

Granted I could be totally wrong. Brandon’s really good about responding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Max is correct, with one minor clarification: 3 should read "they are better used to remove bombers."

Generic fighters and bombers may only be placed in your airspace. Fighters may be placed in an empty slot or may replace, i.e. scare off, an enemy bomber. You would not want to shoot down a bomber loaded with nukes above your citizens would you? If a fighter is placed in an empty space, they take up that space from an enemy bomber, but do not scare it off. You may also place you own bombers (level 3&4) in your airspace and their nukes will score during Bomber scoring. If you can manage to completely fill your airspace with your own or generic bombers and fighters, no one else can place there and you will earn the 7 points for a clean air space plus one for each nuke on your bombers during Bomber scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
These guys are right - thanks for the help guys.

Also remember, you never DESTROY a fighter, bomber, sub, or nuke. They are always just returned to your own personal supply to be redeployed later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The previous responders have a handle on the situation here! Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, cool! thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
These guys are right - thanks for the help guys.

Also remember, you never DESTROY a fighter, bomber, sub, or nuke. They are always just returned to your own personal supply to be redeployed later.

So it looks like I've done it wrong -- we played when the bomber (or sub) is removed it went back into the "to be built" pile and not "ready to be re-deployed" pile ... so for example do I have this correct:

Player 1 uses military action to place a level 4 bomber on player 3's board.

Player 2 uses military action to place a level 3 bomber on player 3's board.

Player 3 is angry, but understands. He uses a military action to deploy a level 3 jet onto player 1's board. he has no more bombers, but he has 2 fighters. He places those fighters onto his board, clearing the bombers that were placed there by players 1 and 2.

During Player 1's turn, he does not need to activate the factory to "rebuild" his bomber but only needs a military action to redeploy it to player 3's board (that'll show him)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your scenario sounds correct to me. It's worth noting that Player 1 and Player 2 took very inefficient military actions, only deploying a single aircraft instead of the possible 4.

The important thing is that your subs, bombers, and even nukes on 3rd world nations are never lost or destroyed. When they are bumped out of spaces they've been deployed to, they come back to your personal supply. This also happens to bombers and subs at the end of their scoring events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schmanthony wrote:
Your scenario sounds correct to me. It's worth noting that Player 1 and Player 2 took very inefficient military actions, only deploying a single aircraft instead of the possible 4.

The important thing is that your subs, bombers, and even nukes on 3rd world nations are never lost or destroyed. When they are bumped out of spaces they've been deployed to, they come back to your personal supply. This also happens to bombers and subs at the end of their scoring events.

OK - I will play it correctly from now on.

Player's 1 and 2 were only inefficient because I didn't want to type too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was here to clarify quite a few of the rules too... both my friend and I read the rule book a few times and used BGG and were still unclear how some of the mechanics worked

Hoping our 3 player game tonight goes smoother now because of the help given on here! Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.