Subject: Coed y Bleiddiau - Landmark Trust rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hept86
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
I've had the April newsletter from the Landmark Trust (which restores dilapidated properties of historic interest and then lets them for holidays) and it says it has just finished restoring Coed y Bleiddiau, a nineteenth century railway cottage on the Ffestiniog Railway in Snowdonia. It can reached by steam train and has its own platform. It looks secluded and rather picturesque.

I would insert a photograph and provide a direct link if I could work out how to do it.

Anyway, here is the link to the charity:
www.landmarktrust.org.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strangely when I was doing a residential course at Plas Tan-y-bwlch I went for wander through the woods above the center one evening and came across this little cottage with its own platform

It is very remote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike White
United Kingdom
stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! You beat me to it. I'd seen previous Landmarks in the area or near rail lines (Alton for instance) and thought about telling Uncle Tony. This one I thought I definitely should. I got caught up gardening. Kudos to you.

But yeah Landmark Trust holidays are amazing, and I do recommend Alton Station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.