Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Bouzada
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Hi,

Is it possible for a player to have 4 builders? The 4th one would give 3 PP and maybe help him in a bonus card. But do the rules allow it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Re:4 builders?
Marco (#33207),

My play group has come across this before. The answer is no, there is a limit of three on builders that one player can acquire. I don't have my game manual on hand, but I'm pretty certain.

If you want inference, there are only three builder slots on the PoF player board. As a general characteristic, the player board limits what you can have - one of each freedom, X number of building spaces' worth of landscapes and buildings, and three builders. Notice there are no specific slots for jesters - you can pack all seven of them into the Palazzo like clowns into a Volkswagen Beetle if you win them all - implying there is no limit to number purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Marco (#33207),

the rulebook states that there's no limit on the number of copies of a certain item you can have (referred to the 7 things you can buy with the auction), EXCEPT Builders (each player may have max 3 of them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bouzada
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Luke the Flaming (#33306),

OK, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Bouzada
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Fawkes (#33223),

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming (#33306),

You can't have the same building and freedom more than once. Builders are 3 max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.