Subject: Grenades & Suppression rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I throw a grenade at a target with 3 hostiles and a defeat cover of 3, and I roll my cover as a 4 and then my hits as 8, 5, 4, 3 do I get 1 EKIA or 1 EKIA and 2 suppress tokens?

I have been playing the latter but I think I have been doing it wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Mk2 grenade that roll would result in 1 EKIA and 3 suppressed.
On your example with 3 hostiles you’ve been playing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks. Would it be the same with a deployed MG? That one I do think I have been doing wrong as I hadn't deployed the bipod and I rolled 3 dice and if I got 3 hits killed 3 hostiles. Same with an SMG on auto. Rolled 3 get 3 hits and kill 3 hostiles. Think I have been making the game too easy for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To kill multiple hostiles with an automatic weapon you have to use spray fire, in order to do that you need to deploy the bi/tri pod.
I don’t have the rulebook in front of me but I’m not sure you can do that with a SMG.

When it comes to completing the objective as long as it is done by one of your soldiers it can be with any weapon they have as long as it will work for the objective.

EDIT:
Ok, I just checked and my hunch is correct.
Only machine guns can use spray fire, and only when bi/tri pod is deployed.
SMG although they fire at auto rate cannot use spray fire, therefore can only effect 1 hostile at a time.
Weapons that can use spray fire have the keyword “spray” on their card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait for Wave 2 to Spray with your SMG.. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm....do I sense a rule change coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MJA1967 wrote:
Hmmmm....do I sense a rule change coming?

NOPE!

no rule change need..

here is a further hint...

War Office, 9th February, 1943.

The KING has been graciously pleased to approve the posthumous award of the VICTORIA CROSS to: —

No. VX 19139 Private. Bruce Steel Kingsbury, Australian Military Forces.

In New Guinea, the Battalion to which Private Kingsbury belonged had been holding a position in the Isurava area for two days against continuous and fierce enemy attacks. On the 29th August, 1942, the enemy attacked in such force that they succeeded in breaking through the Battalion's right flank, creating a serious threat both to the rest of the Battalion and to its Headquarters. To avoid the situation becoming more desperate, it was essential to regain immediately the lost ground on the right flank.

Private Kingsbury, who was one of the few survivors of a Platoon which had been overrun and severely cut about by the enemy, immediately volunteered to join a different platoon which had been ordered to counter-attack.

He rushed forward firing his Bren Gun from the hip through terrific machine-gun fire and succeeded in clearing a path through the enemy. Continuing to sweep the enemy positions with his fire and inflicting an extremely high number of casualties on them, Private Kingsbury was then seen to fall to the ground shot dead, by the bullet from a sniper hiding in the wood.

Private Kingsbury displayed a complete disregard for his own safety. His initiative and superb courage made possible the recapture of the position which undoubtedly saved Battalion Headquarters, as well as causing heavy casualties amongst the enemy. His coolness, determination and devotion to duty in the face of great odds was an inspiration to his comrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.