Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The adventure cards that have been revealed all have a Move/Backtrack action icon in the lower left. When are those costs paid?

Are they paid whenever you move out of that card? IE after you resolve an exploration card and place a new adventure card?

Can you move through multiple revealed adventure cards with 1 Move/Backtrack action? If so do you pay the cost for each card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are an action, which is the only thing you ever do in the game. The successful consequence of this action (the four-way arrow) is defined on p19 of the rules as "All involved characters move their figure to the same reachable Terrain card."

Terrain cards are reachable if they are connected to the card you are on or are connected by a sequence of adjacent terrain cards to the one you are on. This is further illustrated on p19 of the rules.

Edit: Also, revealing a new terrain card does not place you on that terrain card. It seems you have made a misassumption there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treat the icon in the bottom left as just another action, same as "Look" or "Pathfind". You can use the action on your current terrain card; you cannot use the action on any other terrain cards.

The reward for a successful attempt at that action is the four-arrow, which means "move all involved players to any terrain card that can be reached via an unbroken series of terrain cards". So you use the move action on your space, paying its cost, and move as far as you like over in-play terrain. Note that this doesn't allow you to cross permanent events or exploration (fog) cards. However, apart from the fact they have to be in-play terrain cards, there is no input from the transit cards or destination (although see below): they have no impact on the cost or the successes required of the move. The distance is also irrelevant.

The only thing that's a bit unusual about movement is that you have to declare your destination up front, and some cards (in particular, your character card) will give you bonuses (reduced cost) when using the walking action if the destination is a space with a fire or another character. So the destination is a little bit relevant, but only for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Sheppard
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I think I have it now. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
this is exactly one of the questions I came here to ask. thanks! glad to see I just played this correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.