Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if this has been addressed, but My searching of the forum or FAQ failed to find an answer:

I guess the question is whether the Gent with the Samaritan role is considered in line of sight of himself and can use the power on himself or whether he is not in line of sight of himself and the intent of the card is to heal only other Gents (like a Good Samaritan would do).

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Morehead City
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that you obviously have line of sight to yourself (unless you're blind). I think the intent of the card is that you help someone else. It would be selfish to help yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
I apologize if this has been addressed, but My searching of the forum or FAQ failed to find an answer:

I guess the question is whether the Gent with the Samaritan role is considered in line of sight of himself and can use the power on himself or whether he is not in line of sight of himself and the intent of the card is to heal only other Gents (like a Good Samaritan would do).

Thanks in advance!

You can use the Recover portion of Samaritan on yourself, but not Revive. The rules are very clear that you can only use the Revive action when you're neutralized, and when a Gentleman is Neutralized, they must spend their entire turn Reviving themselves (or have an adjacent Gentleman spend a single Action to Revive them).

The Samaritan Upgrade uses only one of a Gentleman's available two Actions, so they can't use it for Reviving themselves - only other Neutralized Gentlemen.

Basically the Upgrade allows you to avoid being adjacent to a Neutralized Gentleman to Revive them. Plus you get additional Ether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
rcmoore4 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

You can use the Recover portion of Samaritan on yourself, but not Revive. The rules are very clear that you can only use the Revive action when you're neutralized, and when a Gentleman is Neutralized, they must spend their entire turn Reviving themselves (or have an adjacent Gentleman spend a single Action to Revive them).

The Samaritan Upgrade uses only one of a Gentleman's available two Actions, so they can't use it for Reviving themselves - only other Neutralized Gentlemen.

Basically the Upgrade allows you to avoid being adjacent to a Neutralized Gentleman to Revive them. Plus you get additional Ether.

Okay, that clarifies it for me...thanks for the clear explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.