Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During setup ever player gets 7 food, so depending on the player count if there is less players there will be more food in the H-sack. To make things more consistent no matter what player count, I modified the Squirrels & Conifers expansion.

As a variant for a 5 player game I have placed 7 food in every player bag starting resources and components so that if a player is not in the game those 7 food will also not be in the game. To adjust for the lack of food, I have added in the Squirrels expansion without replacing/removing the green food cubes and only adding pink cubes as the trees are placed. During the game both green and pink cubes count as food.

For the 6th player addon, I place 7 green cube in the 6th player component/starting resource bag and add 7 pink cube to the H-sack.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignosis Gael
msg tools
More peoples, less food, make sense to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the two games I played, food was a constant struggle so taking away food seems like a bad idea to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you made this post. I was putting together packets for each player for this game, as I usually do with most of my games, and one of the things I had considered adding was the 7 food per player, but then I thought about basically what you had posted, and I decided to leave food out of the player packets, avoiding removal of 21, 14 or 7 food cubes from the 2, 3 or 4 player games respectively.

I don't have enough experience with gameplay to contemplate the effects, but I'm curious to read other peoples' opinions. Variable ratio of food to other goods in the haversack based upon player count seems to be a design decision. Is it intended? How much impact do you think it has, and what have you done for your games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignosis Gael
msg tools
P.17
Note: There are limited resources in the game and a shortage may weaken or prevent a guild action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.