Subject: Getting 2 cards after passing in the auction phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and greetings from Denmark

The Arctic Bounty rule says that if a player passes and doesn't get a licence (in a 2 player game) he/she may take up to 2 cards from the deck.

At the same time the Gone Fishin' rules for this card says that if passing at the auction phase a player may take 1 of these cards and place it in front of them.

So, do I understand correctly then, that when a player passes he/she may take 1 Gone Fishin' and one regular boat card?

Thank you!
Cheers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say you take two cards from boat's deck and you can take one Gone Fishin' card from the supply if any.

I wouldn't use Gone Fishin' in either in solo or the 2 player variant from Artic Bounty. See the response from the designers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Maximiliano!

My understanding was, that with the Gone Fishin'card, the player in second place would have a better chance to catch the player in front...

Thanks again!

PS un abrazo desde la distancia!
:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gone Fishin' cards helps you to catch up with the leader, that's correct.

In the 2P variant and solo version grabbing 2 boat cards isn't a direct method to catch up the leader, but you will be in a better position in the auction of the next run. You will have between 2 and 6 more coins to bid. That could make the difference to obtain a premium licence one turn earlier than either your opponent or the dummy captain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned above I wouldn't suggest using Gone Fishing if you are playing the enhanced 2p rules with the 2 card draw.

They're two different ways to achieve the same basic thing which is to give players something if they don't buy a license.

The reason the enhanced 2p rules were written that way was to allow some people to pnp those rules and use them if they didn't have Arctic Bounty which is where the Gone Fishing cards are found.

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Ben!

The game is such a pleasure to play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akebono wrote:
Thank you, Ben!

The game is such a pleasure to play...

Thank you Oscar for the kind words
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.