Fields of Fire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cover rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Istvan Fazakas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I just bought the game and i cant find a decent explanation about cover rule. Also not an native English speaker so it is harder.

So about cover:

1 )In a given situation if my PLT seeking cover and when i find cover, can i put all the guys under the same cover after drawing cards for each of them?

2) Under the limitation on the card can i put some of them under another cover?( of course they cant communicate now with the PLT HQ i know)

3) How should i interpret that every step above three is -1? I mean if i have 9 steps under cover that means -6 modifier?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warlord76 wrote:

1 )In a given situation if my PLT seeking cover and when i find cover, can i put all the guys under the same cover after drawing cards for each of them?

2) Under the limitation on the card can i put some of them under another cover?( of course they cant communicate now with the PLT HQ i know)

3) How should i interpret that every step above three is -1? I mean if i have 9 steps under cover that means -6 modifier?

Thx

1) Each unit who finds cover can be under cover. The rest would have to spend another action to 'move' under the cover.

2) Each unit that finds cover can either be under the same cover or another cover (up to the limit of the card). There is no platoon seek cover however.

3) Yes, but only vs grenades. So you can put an entire platoon under one cover marker, but it's damn risky if you have an unpinned adjacent enemy unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istvan Fazakas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But! Under these circumstances(point 1 above), there is a rule that states, that i can`t spend the same action on the same unit in the same turn...m i right? So seeking cover with units, whom already sought cover in this turn but did not found, can i try again only in the general initiative phase or with pyrotechnics i guess. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, seek cover is no longer a legal command via pyrotechnics. In 2nd Ed the allowable commands are listed on page 25. Some of the older videos did in fact use this command for pyro's but they were prior to 2nd Ed.

You can only perform an action once per impulse. The PLT HQ impulse and the General Initiative Impulse are different impulses. So you can attempt to seek cover in both with the same unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.