Subject: Hidden Wire and Assault Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play Hidden Wire on one of my moving units, can it still Assault Fire. The water is muddied a bit by the gray box in A35.5 that says that the unit's MOVE is ended.

If I move into pre-existing Wire I can presumably still Assault Fire because I only lose my remaining movement points.

Also if my moving unit is hit by flying Wire (E69) presumably this is NOT the same as having wire played on it, so it can leave the hex but must then stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
beresford wrote:
If you play Hidden Wire on one of my moving units, can it still Assault Fire. The water is muddied a bit by the gray box in A35.5 that says that the unit's MOVE is ended.

FWIW: As I recall from a recent extensive thread discussing activation, a unit's MOVE ending does not imply that it is no longer activated for movement. Even if a unit stops moving, it is still activated to move (and this is why a unit can assault fire after it's used up all its movement points). Only the end of the Move Order ends the unit's activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
beresford wrote:

FWIW: As I recall from a recent extensive thread discussing activation, a unit's MOVE ending does not imply that it is no longer activated for movement. Even if a unit stops moving, it is still activated to move (and this is why a unit can assault fire after it's used up all its movement points). Only the end of the Move Order ends the unit's activation.

This. I think Russ is right and this is how we play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
beresford wrote:

Russ is absolutely correct on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
“Yes” to your second question about wire that comes from the Rubble event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you gentlemen. This question arose from a similar issue in the new game 'Great War Commander'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
Thank you gentlemen. This question arose from a similar issue in the new game 'Great War Commander'.

Doesn't mean it's exactly the same answer. What do THOSE rules say?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
beresford wrote:

Doesn't mean it's exactly the same answer. What do THOSE rules say?

The new rules are ported from CC as much as possible. Of course this causes problems when new features clash with the tried-and-tested rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.