Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not the brightest, so just want to clarify. I've started the second campaign total eclipse of the sun, and there is the spell Natures fury and the item Magic Ring (i think) that have similar effects, like discard 2 cards from your deck and draw one. What is the purpose exactly? I'm assuming to deck cycle quicker, and you get a card in your hand. I also assume you can't look at the cards while discarding, and you just take the last one you discarded? it's just worded a bit funny that made me think maybe I could choose the card to draw from the discarded ones. Hope this isn't too dumb a question. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
you can do cards in any order of abilities that you want for the section your in (dungeon or village).
if it says randomly then you would need to pick a card unknown. but if not you just pick which ones to discard and you should use those 2 discarded cards abilities (if you can) before discarding them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on what I was asking. I now have the cards in front of me. Natures Fury and Elven Ring, are very similar, but slightly different so need some clarification. Elven Ring says "discard 2 cards from your deck, plus 1 additional for each elf, then draw one of the discarded cards." Natures Fury says " From the TOP of your deck, discard a number of cards equal to wizard level total, then draw one of the cards". These are both dungeon abilities. So Again my questions would be.
1. Part of the ability is to help deck cycle correct?
2. Elven ring appears that I look at my deck (not hand) and discard known cards, and I could draw one card of those, choosing which one?
3. Natures fury is unknown cards from the top of my deck and draw one of those cards unseen?

Thanks. Hopefully more clear questions, although reading them again as I,m typing this I suspect I'm correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turok12 wrote:
1. Part of the ability is to help deck cycle correct?

It certainly helps in that regard, but the main point is to put a card into your hand that can help you.

Quote:
2. Elven ring appears that I look at my deck (not hand) and discard known cards, and I could draw one card of those, choosing which one?

In both cards you get to select the card that you add to your hand. That's the whole point of it. With each card you discard cards from the top of your deck equal to what it says. Then you may select on of the cards that you have discard to put into your hand.

Quote:
3. Natures fury is unknown cards from the top of my deck and draw one of those cards unseen?

No. The cards just seem to be worded differently, but basically have the same effect. If something tells you to discard cards from your deck, you don't flip over your deck looking at it for something to discard, you just discard it. Otherwise the card would just tell you to look through your deck for a card of your choice and then shuffle it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Moore
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
i messed up my answer as i wasnt sure what the discard was from (hand or deck)
you are discarding from the deck in order to draw one of those cards (benefit)

one other thing to note is that you can only put a card into your hand of the cards you currently discarded and NOT from your whole discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quinn ortmeyer
Canada
Breslau
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious as to the wording on Natures fury, TOP of your deck vs. Elven ring, discard from deck. There is no difference? If it's always from the top of your deck why specify in one card and not another? Just wondering. So this is merely a mild typo error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
turok12 wrote:
Curious as to the wording on Natures fury, TOP of your deck vs. Elven ring, discard from deck. There is no difference? If it's always from the top of your deck why specify in one card and not another? Just wondering. So this is merely a mild typo error?

It seems to simply be inconsistent word use. Similar functions, just worded differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.