Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is my understanding that the Genesis and Spin Cycles have or are going to be rotated out.

It is also my understanding that these sets will no longer be produced during this time.

When will they be coming back?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, they have been rotated out - this happened some point around October last year, IIRC.

Rotation is a bit of a misleading name - they aren't coming back. The cards in original Core, Genesis and Spin (that haven't been saved by revised Core) are all gone from the game forever.

(As always, answers about card legality could be changed by FFG revised policy so burning all your old cards *may* be a bad idea. On the other hand, re-legalizing these cards would go against the aims of rotation and probably annoy a lot of players, so I doubt they'll do it.)

FFG is therefore unlikely to be printing new copies of the packs from these cycles - if you want them, you'll need to find a shop with left-over stock or get them second-hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they rotated out last autumn, and they will not be coming back (at least not according to current plans).
Note, though, that the Revised Core Set has a number of cards previously in Genesis and Spin, so those are still legal. Cards that were in the original core, but are not in the revised core, have also permanently rotated.

The next set rotation (Lunar and SanSan rotating out) will happen when the cycle after the cycle after Kitara (2 cycles from now) is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vaduva
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers from FFG:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/11/system-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a matter of fact, all the cards from the Revised Core are reprints. It kinda turned into a way to keep the "good" cards from those sets, like Parasite and Datasucker and Ash, while excising the problematic cards like Medium, Account Siphon, Astroscript, Eli, etc. I don't necessarily think that'll mean they'll make a third Core, though.

It's possible that some of those cards will be reprinted, so if they ever become legal again, there'll be a way to purchase them. It's extremely (very extremely) unlikely that FFG will make a card or set legal again without reprinting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Foster
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swankidelic wrote:
It's extremely (very extremely) unlikely that FFG will make a card or set legal again without reprinting it.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
swankidelic wrote:
It kinda turned into a way to keep the "good" cards from those sets, like Parasite and Datasucker and Ash

Parasite was removed along with the other problem cards you mentioned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Parasite was removed along with the other problem cards you mentioned...

Yes, you're right. I was doing the ol' wake-and-post thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.