flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD

GREAT WAR COMMANDER Errata updated 2018 05 12

Rulebook:
4.2.1 wrong marker image!

6.1.2 5) If there are one or more Formations and/or Fortifications

7.2.1 Voluntary Exit—[...]That Formation is then placed on any future space of the Time Track the owning player wishes (exception Runner [O27.2.1]) [...].

O17. Air Assault 3) If Strafing, choose any 2 adjacent occupied hexes in the hex row, suppress all Units in those hexes and attack them using the aircraft’s Strafing FP. A separate Strafing roll is made against each occupied hex.

O22.1 Eligible MGs To be eligible for MG Suppression, an unbroken HMG must be possessed by a Good Order and unactivated Unit, must be within LOS and range of at least one hex containing Enemy Formation(s) and cannot be in a Wire or Water hex.[..]

O26.3.4 Elimination—A Retreating Formation is immediately eliminated if it is forced to Retreat:● Into an impassable hex [T100; T124 T123]

A43. Go to Ground ● the targeted hex is not a Building hex or a Bridge hex an Open Ground hex or a Field hex, and does not contain a Fortification of any type.

A46. Intersect Machine GunsIntersect Machine Guns may be played just prior to a Defense Roll. To qualify, the defending player needs two or more functioning machine guns, not located in a Wire or Water hex, [..]

A51. No Quarter [..]Furthermore, No Quarter may only be played if the player has at least one Formation Unit that survived the Melee.

E58. Auftragstaktik When this Event occurs, the receiving German player may select one hex containing a friendly Leader and any number of other friendly Units not in Melee.

E65. Devil Dogs When this Event occurs, the US player may either:
●Rally a friendly Formation Unit, or
●Increase his Surrender level by one.

E66. En Avant When this Event occurs, the French player may immediately rally a friendly Formation Unit or increase his Surrender level by one.

E70. Hero [..] If he does, he may Rally [3.2.5] one broken Formation Unit in that placement hex.

E74. Interdiction/Breeze [..] 1) Select one unsuppressed Formation Unit

E78. Marseillaise When this Event occurs, the French player chooses one hex and Rallies [3.2.5] all friendly Formations Units and Leaders in that hex.

E80. Mobile Firepower [..] on one of his Good Order unbroken Units that doesn’t already possess a Weapon.

E81. New Mission When this Event occurs, the receiving player draws one secret Objective chit at random and a Strategy Card if he has none.

E92. Suppressing Fire [..]within Range and LOS of a friendly functioning machine gun not located in a Wire or Water hex.

S98.4.5 Red Trousers Suppress all one-half (rounded-up) of the activated Units.

T102. Bridge[..] COVER: 2

T124.1 Destroyed Woods [..] COVER: 2 Creates one Blind Hex [T110.4.1] after the second hex.

Playbook:

RS.11 a paragraph is in french. To be replaced by: If, in any case, the VP marker is still on the Firepower Track, it is immediatly placed into the "20" space of the Victory Point Track showing its +20 side (thus corresponding to 40VP).

example of play:
Turn 5 : Ben plays 3 Orders although he is restricted to 2.
Turn 6 : Melee: The German partipants' FP is 1 (not 2). This mistake has no effect on the game.

US Cards: the MG Suppress Order should read HMG Suppress
card US-12: Event : Stragglers add suppressed at end of text.

Scenario 2: The French do NOT start with chit Y. Chit Y is removed in this scenario as specified in SSR2.

Scenario 5: SSR1: [..]Redraw any random hex not lettered "N" or "O"[..]

Scenario 7:SSR2: Opening French Barrage: After the placement of Rubble markers as per SR3 SR1 [there is no SR3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Official Errata
It helps to make a printable file.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
this will be done of course but as there is only a few lines (at the moment ) and that the BGG admin take time to allow files, I 'm thinking that it's the best way to make it public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides, we haven't finished yet devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
updated 2018 04 17

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pascal, thank you for the continued outstanding support for this game it is very much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear, we're changing card text now. I think I'm going to wait awhile before modifying any of my game to allow things to stabilise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for the HMG suppress clarification that HMG can not be in a water or wire hex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to visit the 'En Avant' and 'Hidden Pillbox' threads, Pascal. There is also the issue that if we go with your preference that we cannot improvise extra markers, what happens if a Blaze spread occurs or I want to make a Gas Attack and there are insufficient markers left?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
There is also the issue that if we go with your preference that we cannot improvise extra markers, what happens if a Blaze spread occurs or I want to make a Gas Attack and there are insufficient markers left?

The gas markers have been limited on purpose.

I've never seen a game short of Blaze markers. If this happens, the mechanic of blaze placement is followed but no Blaze marker is placed. That fire was certainly only a stillborn fire.

edited to remove wrong wording about Gas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
updated 2018 04 23
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bonzillou wrote:
If there are not enough for a complete gas attack, the player will use what's left. Somebody in the chain of supply didn't do the work and now you are short on nasty ammo.

I've never seen a game short of Blaze markers. If this happens, the mechanic of blaze placement is followed but no Blaze marker is placed. That fire was certainly only a stillborn fire.

Trouble is, this allows selective gas attacks where I put markers in the hexes with your units and omit the hexes with mine. Or selective Blaze spread where I pick the hexes with your units in them. IMHO it would be better to improvise extra Blaze markers and say that Gas attacks cannot be made unless seven markers are available.

Your correction to 'Marseillaise' still doesn't match the card text.

Just noticed, we've ALL missed the instruction at the start of this thread. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry my reply was wrong (I just came back from the hospital and replied in a hurry).

Of course you need to have 7 gas markers available to declare a Gas Attack

O19.2.1.3 Impact and Gas Attack—[..] If the player has declared a Gas Attack, the SR’s hex and each adjacent hex will be affected. The active player places seven Gas markers on the map,[..]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to keep hacking on about this, but the rule is still wrong. You can't place seven markers on the map if the Spotting Round is next to the edge.

You need to say 'A Gas Attack cannot be made unless seven Gas markers are available. The active player places one in the same hex as the Spotting Round and one in each adjacent hex'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Some clarification of LOS should be added about blocking terrain and hexspines. If I understand correctly, the intention is something like "A line of sight that runs along the hexspine of blocking terrain is not blocked by that hex unless otherwise stated or the hexspine is between two hexes of blocking terrain."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
"A line of sight that runs along the hexspine of blocking terrain is not block ed by that hex unless otherwise stated or the hexspine is between two hexes of blocking terrain."

correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I'm currently working on a living rules file which will be available for download soon.

pascal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bonzillou wrote:
Hi
I'm currently working on a living rules file which will be available for download soon.

pascal

You need to put together a checklist for the artwork in the expansions.

Here are some suggestions:

- Make sure Crest Lines are on the right side of the centre dots (this seems to be OK in the base game).
- If a hex is a Shellhole, the centre dot should be clearly within a Shellhole (none of this stuff about how thick is the rim).
- If a hex is a Stream it should contain no other terrain but 'eye candy'.
- Make sure Gullies and Trails are clearly differentiated.
- Terrain should not overhang Roads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.