Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I've just retired my first character (goodbye Crag) and unlocked the two-mini class. I just want to make sure I understand how the all friendly bear situation works. Correct me if I'm wrong:

First, the bear acts and it moves and attacks like a normal summon. Then, the Beast Tyrant plays his turn... he can:

a. use the top and bottom actions of his cards as the standard attack 2 / move 2 actions, but only on the Beast Tyrant himself;
b. use a "command" action on the bear only (who gets to act more than once per turn);
c. use a "non-command" action on himself;

So, I can combine both a command and a normal action and have both the bear and the Tyrant act with the same two cards, right?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you have it right, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ziemer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add as im not sure if its was added to the 2nd edition card: when you use command actions for the bear you control his actions rather than the bear acting with summon AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meziemer wrote:
Just wanted to add as im not sure if its was added to the 2nd edition card: when you use command actions for the bear you control his actions rather than the bear acting with summon AI.

Is this true?
Because, I have first edition GH and the summons is not under control of the Beast Tyrant unless a Command Action is used.

I also think your post should be under spoiler tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
meziemer wrote:

Is this true?
Because, I have first edition GH and the summons is not under control of the Beast Tyrant unless a Command Action is used.

You're saying the same thing as meziemer. Command Actions don't use monster AI, the player controls them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrjcfoster mrjcfoster
msg tools
mb
As long you you only use the top half of one card and the bottom half of the other card that is correct.
Each "half" only affects the Bear (command) or only affects the Tyrant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
albcann wrote:
meziemer wrote:

Is this true?

You're saying the same thing as meziemer. Command Actions don't use monster AI, the player controls them.

Yes ... thanks. I misread his answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to what everyone else said, make sure you understand the card Concentrated Rage. It's pretty crucial to getting lots of power out of the bear, and some people find it unintuitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that was never 100% clear to me is whether Command actions can be used by the Tyrant as well as the bear. The description made it sound like they could, but it’s not very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they can't. Command actions are for the bear only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:

I also think your post should be under spoiler tags.

It is a good habit to be in, but probably not necessary here, since the whole thread is behind a spoiler warning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.