4 Posts

Robotech: Force of Arms» Forums » News

Subject: Development notes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Homer Hensley
msg tools
mbmbmb
Working on this has made me realize how much setting a players mindset is important to the way a game is played. Working on the earliest versions of the Grand Cannon expansion, I found that the RDF player always felt like they couldn't win, and usually did not. It's one of those things that makes you go back to the drawing board and look at your whole approach all over. We made a small tweak and suddenly, the game was wide open again. As it is, I think we are going to go back and start from scratch on the Grand Cannon expansion. We don't want to put out something just for the sake of putting out something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Killingsworth
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All proofs just approved with manufacturer and production samples in progress.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Hensley
msg tools
mbmbmb
As I continue to play this and review the work we have done, I find it interesting how similar this is to heads up poker. You spend the game trying to get in your opponents head to determine what he is doing, while setting up your own plays, including some bluffs. The rules are fairly simple, but we have something with a lot of depth in player interaction. And Crisis Point will be even deeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Hensley
msg tools
mbmbmb
As this is off to production, development has stopped. I am currently doing dev work on Robotech: Crisis Point! Keep an eye on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.