Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: What unlocks road and city event 31? [possible minor spoilers] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sabu Lar
msg tools
In our session today I accidentally drew our city and road events not from their respective decks, but from the cards that were not in the decks yet. Therefore I drew card 31 for both events (we have recently started and only cards 1-30 are in both decks). Can anyone tell me what should have put those cards into the deck and wether or not resolving those cards before those conditions are met may result in something breaking/being unbalanced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the first so many road/city events are when the starting character classes retire. Look on the back of your character card and the number to the right of the / (slash) should match one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Orosz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteoanK wrote:
I believe the first so many road/city events are when the starting character classes retire. Look on the back of your character card and the number to the right of the / (slash) should match one of them.

I don't think this is correct. I'm not totally sure, and don't have my copy available, but I believe these get added when... (a bit more than a minor spoiler)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
...you start a character of the Sun class. If I'm right, the text on the back of the City Event will reference that class. Or it's when you retire Saw class. Since I did those at the same time I may be mixing them up. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want to look at the spoiler above, it's for unlocking a class (see the rulebook section one the long list of things to do when retiring / unlocking characters).

Nothing will break, you just probably didn't get a great outcome from the events because you didn't have the class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
You do in fact get more events added when you unlock a class, but you also get some the first time you retire the starting classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Orosz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SteoanK wrote:
You do in fact get more events added when you unlock a class, but you also get some the first time you retire the starting classes.

Quite right. I just meant that I thought it was from a class that wasn't one of the base classes. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sabu Lar
msg tools
Ok, thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weisz
Sweden
flag msg tools
From the 2nd Edition rules:

"When a specific character class retires for the first time, new city and road events are usually added to the events decks.

The reference number for these is written on the back side of the class’s character mat in the bottom right (rightmost number). In addition, whenever a new character class is unlocked through retirement or other means, new city and road events are also added to the decks. This reference number is on the back side of the unlocked class’s character mat in the bottom right (leftmost number).
Each reference number applies to both the city and road event decks."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.