Arctic Scavengers: Base Game+HQ+Recon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tribal Leader - The Mentor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Van Gessel
Netherlands
ARNHEM
flag msg tools
The ability of THE MENTOR is that you can play 1 refugee (per round) card to grant another tribe member a +1 to ANY ACTION.

How do I interpret this. Does this mean that THE MENTOR can grant a +1 DIG to for instance a scout (whilst a scout has NO ability to dig)?

In any words: can the mentor add +1 to an action although the tribe member has no base ability??

Or can you only play this +1 action to another tribe member's related base ability? THis seems the most logic to me....

Feedback is appreciated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gonzalvez
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom!

tomvangessel wrote:
Or can you only play this +1 action to another tribe member's related base ability? THis seems the most logic to me....

Feedback is appreciated...

Your instincts are correct about the second interpretation being the correct one.The Mentor's ability will allow a refugee to add +1 to another tribe member's action, as long as that tribe member already possesses the base ability to perform that action.

Hope this helps! Enjoy this wonderful game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomvangessel wrote:

In any words: can the mentor add +1 to an action although the tribe member

...other... I was amused by that.

"That's a bingo"
"You just say bingo"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van Gessel
Netherlands
ARNHEM
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback! it is indeed a really nice game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many cards and abilities in the game which grant a +1 to another card. None of those permit a card to produce an ability it didn't already possess.

Happy Scavenging!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gonzalvez
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gabhart wrote:
There are many cards and abilities in the game which grant a +1 to another card. None of those permit a card to produce an ability it didn't already possess.

Happy Scavenging!

Hello Robert! It is an honor. Thank you for creating such a great game. It holds a prized place on my shelf. Count me as a fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DrHenryArmitage wrote:
gabhart wrote:

Happy Scavenging!

Hello Robert! It is an honor. Thank you for creating such a great game. It holds a prized place on my shelf. Count me as a fan.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van Gessel
Netherlands
ARNHEM
flag msg tools
Yeah, it is fantastic. Even my wife played it with me and won!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.