Subject: Retreat & Poursuit: 2 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bond
France
LILLE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, thank you to have provided us with such a great game.

I have 2 questions/confirmations about Retreat & Pursuit (page 12 of the rule book).

Context
Let's assume Davout just won a combat against Brunswick. Both have taken fatigues and losses, and then Brunswick has to make a retreat and hence is about to take additional fatigue.

Question 1)
The rule says the French to draw a card to know the additional fatigue Brunswick has to take.
The rule says as well the French and the Prussian may both play one card each to add bonus and malus the pursuit result.

My question is the following:
Is that possible for the French and the Prussian to play those additional cards, even in the case they had played a green card a bit earlier during the same combat? (and hence during the same operation action)

The rule says (page 4) : "During each operation, each player can only play one card to apply hie event". So it seems contradictory.

I understand the answer to my question is yes. It means in that special case the player would have played 2 cards (and not only one) during the same operation (and I guess this is possible for both players).
So it is an exception to what the rules states page 4.

Do you confirm my understanding?

Question 2)
I continue the above case.
Let's assume now the player have defined the additional fatigue for the pursuit; and Brunswick has taken that fatigue.

The rule say at that point the next action is to turn all corps having participated to that combat on the "has been activated side".

My question is the following:
Is Davout entitled to actually advance after Brunswick retreating just before to flip the corps? Or must he stay in the combat zone?

One can anticipate Davout stack should be allowed to make a move of a number of connections according to the length of the retreat... since Davout is doing a pursuit.

But I understand the rule suggests Davout cannot move, and must stay on the combat zone.

Do you confirm?

I thank you very much for your confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Busson
France
Aubenas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Happy to know you enjoy the game !

1) As said page 4 you can only play one card per operation. So if you played a card before the pursuit during the same operation then you won’t be able to play a card for the pursuit. So answer is no.

2) The corps of the winner stay in the area of the combat even in case of a pursuit. There is no « advance after combat ».
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent GERARD
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
About the pursuit : the pursuit shown in the game is tactical pursuit ; that is, only on the battlefield itself, which has nothing to do with the length of the retreat path on the operational map.

The operational pursuit will be the one you will do by yourself by moving Davout on the next turn toward his little friend Brunswick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.