Subject: Errata compilation from Boardgamegeek and Facebook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These items are compiled from Boardgamegeek posts and the official Facebook group for Sherman Leader. All items are based on comments from the designers, not a posted document. Some might be harder to apply because of conflicting rules or cards which don't work well with these changes.

Observe that these items may be outdated once an official errata/faq is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ERRATA, first Printing (may differ from offical errata/faq compilation, not posted 2018-04-16)

Gain = Move and Attack penalty at Range 0

Subtract a Unit's Move and Attack penalty at Range 0. So, if an Infantry Unit has a -2 penalty, it gets +2 when Attacking at Range 0.
This is missing in the rules, but is included in the Player Aid card and is mentioned in the Sample Game in the rulebook.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1920243/2-drm-when-same-hex

Terrain types, Impassable Terrain

Remove the "HE" sentence. No vehicles may enter "IM" hexes.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1926631/impassable-terrain

M10 card, Service Life

Should read "1943-45" (actually last few months of 42).

Source: comment by Richard Martin in the official Sherman Leader Facebook group.

Battalion cards, Placement and Special Notes

For battalions that make you lose SO points, only apply the SO reductions when the enemy battalion is engaged in battle.
For some battalions, like Outpost, this may not apply.

Source: comment by Richard Martin in the official Sherman Leader Facebook group.

End of Week, Lose Special Option Points (Map)

You do not lose SO from Half Battalions.

Source: comment by Dan Verssen in the official Sherman Leader Facebook group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
"For battalions that make you lose SO points, only apply the SO reductions when the enemy battalion is engaged in battle.
For some battalions, like Outpost, this may not apply."

Not sure about that one. I think that is what Richard had in mind when he designed the game, but Dan had made comments that contradict that. Nor does it make sense when you read the cards. I am trying to find those comments. I'm also trying to get an official response from DVG. In my opinion some of the battalion cards make it clear that the reductions take place each week regardless of when you attack them. My question to Dan about this is what got him to tell us about the -SO not counting against you if at half strength.

Nice endeavor you have going on here, but until DVG releases one officially, there will be confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to be clear regarding my sources, and that this is not a official errata document.

It's up to the players to decide if they use this list or not.

The designers mentioned a errata/FAQ about 3 months ago. I hope it will soon be published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
It is very clear this is not an offical errata document. I was simply sharing that there is some discrepancy regarding the rule I mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtrbucks wrote:
... there is some discrepancy regarding the rule I mentioned above.

I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@jtrbucks

If you do get a response from DVG,feel free to post the answer here if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
That's the plan. They posted on FB earlier this week that they were going to be out of the office until Friday, so I'm not expecting a response for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I no longer own this game and won't add or edit items on the list.

Have fun playing and watch out for those bunkers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
marcuslind1 wrote:
I no longer own this game and won't add or edit items on the list.

Have fun playing and watch out for those bunkers.

So after all of the effort you have made and all of the postings, you got rid of the game? That's funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So after all of the effort you have made and all of the postings, you got rid of the game? That's funny.

Not really. Perhaps all my effort and postings has something to do with my decision to get rid of the game.

On a more serious note, this is not the first game I have decided to sell, despite high expectations and having spent time reading the rules,following forums, and such (also playing the game). For example, I sold Gloomhaven after playing two scenarios. I have a limited game time, and don't solo much, and I choose to reserve that time for those games that really works for me, like Dawn of the zeds 3rd edition or Conflict of heroes Awakening the bear 2nd edition with the solo expansion.

I'm sure Sherman Leader is a fine game, if this is the kind of game you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
marcuslind1 wrote:
Quote:

Not really. Perhaps all my effort and postings has something to do with my decision to get rid of the game.

On a more serious note, this is not the first game I have decided to sell, despite high expectations and having spent time reading the rules,following forums, and such (also playing the game). For example, I sold Gloomhaven after playing two scenarios. I have a limited game time, and don't solo much, and I choose to reserve that time for those games that really works for me, like Dawn of the zeds 3rd edition or Conflict of heroes Awakening the bear 2nd edition with the solo expansion.

I'm sure Sherman Leader is a fine game, if this is the kind of game you like.

I respect the fact that this game isn't for everyone. It is a ton of fun, but it is not without its faults and weaknesses. I, too, have purchased, played and sold games because they weren't my style. Gato Leader and D-Day Omaha Beach come to mind.

It just kinda cracked me up that you were so gung ho about this game and were posting a lot about in on FB, then you started to try and organize a much needed errata, only to bail on it shortly after starting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.