Texas
flag msg tools
1. About the Action Phase, it states:

In-between playing cards from your hand,
or after you’ve played all of your cards, you
can recruit any number of characters, scan
any number of rooms, and fight any number
of enemies. You can do any or all of that as
many times as you’re able and in any order.

Does this mean there is virtually endless combinations, you could Attack, Recruit, Scan, Recruit, Attack, then play another card from your hand and continue to do them in any order, etc...

Or does it mean you just choose the order in which you do the 3 options? So I first do all my Attacks, then I choose to do all my Scans, then I do all my Recruiting?

2. You can only fight an enemy if you have
enough Attack to kill it. If somehow an
enemy has 0 Attack, it will die immediately
when you attack it.

Confused by this rule. Doesn't any enemy die immediately when you attack it?

If an enemy has Attack Value of 1, it will die when I attack it?

What is different about an Attack value of zero?

Does this mean that when I choose to Attack an alien, all the aliens on the board with Attack Value of Zero die automatically as well?

Sorry, these are somewhat stupid questions, but I want to make sure I'm playing the game correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You combine how you want and as long you want and can pay.

2) You need to have X attack to attack an enemy with an attack of X and as soon as you attack it, you spend the X attack points it dies (unless it has a special ability written on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Hagans
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
1. You can spend all of the resources you generate from playing your cards in any order, including partially in between other cards being played.

Example: Play 2 attack card, play 2 star card, recruit 2 star cost person, play 1 attack card, kill 1 attack creature, play 2 star card, kill 2 attack creature, search 2 star cost room, etc.

2. Some cards will reduce enemy attack value. If an effect reduces an enemy to 0 attack, you can declare that you attack that enemy and it dies without you spending attack points on it (as long as nothing written on revealed cards contradicts that rule). As a general rule, it is most correct to declare each action (attack) separately and resolve that action fully prior to declaring the next action. There are times where multiple enemies could be reduced to 0 attack, but picking to attack enemy A might result in the attack reduction being lost after that resolves, which then makes the other monsters in-eligible for 0 attack kills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you for the clarification, it was very helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.