Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
#19, Forgotten Crypt: you win if Hail, rapresented by a token, reach the altar in the last room.
Can you use Two-mini’s swap ability to swap her with one of the monsters in the last room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Sullivan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Shall we play a game?
badge
Shall we play a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Can you swap Hail
lexpweller wrote:
#19, Forgotten Crypt: you win if Hail, rapresented by a token, reach the altar in the last room.
Can you use Two-mini’s swap ability to swap her with one of the monsters in the last room?

I think you can. I had my Cragheart jump over to the treasure chest and throw the alter near the door so that Hail didn't have to go as far. They ruled that ok. I think your question is similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Whitley
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xaqery wrote:
I think you can. I had my Cragheart jump over to the treasure chest and throw the alter near the door so that Hail didn't have to go as far. They ruled that ok. I think your question is similar.

Haha... that's awesome. I had to do it the boring way. And like an idiot, I kept blocking her way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and it makes this scenario almost trivial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lauridsen
msg tools
mb
I think it's cool that there are so many ways to legally cheat a little in this scenario. And even with the swap trick you need to get to the final room first.

I was playing a character, who was able to give an ally a move 4 action, so Hail ended up running to the altar at the end. I also managed to persuade her to kill a skeleton on the way. I found that pretty funny, since the basis of the scenario is that she can't be bothered with the monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please consider retitling your thread. Ty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rubra wrote:
I think it's cool that there are so many ways to legally cheat a little in this scenario. And even with the swap trick you need to get to the final room first.

I was playing a character, who was able to give an ally a move 4 action, so Hail ended up running to the altar at the end. I also managed to persuade her to kill a skeleton on the way. I found that pretty funny, since the basis of the scenario is that she can't be bothered with the monsters.

Indeed.
I ended up having Spell ride the wind to the last room, right on the treasure, then I swapped her with Hail - who was about to get slammed brutally by a Corpse. It felt a bit like cheating, actually, but I saw no other way out of it: the Tyrant/Spell combo is not that easy to work with, and the cultist kept summoning skeletons like it was Halloween.

Spoilers aside, I would like to argue in favor of the Ride the Wind card, which I see out of the deck very early in most Spellweaver guides/strategy tips online. Maybe it's because I have a two-character party, but I tend to use it all the times, often even twice per scenario. I get to get treasures, jump over traps, reach objectives fast... I really don't know how others do without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget you can also abuse the movement ai to slow her down. Not as flashy, but still very efficient.

lexpweller wrote:

Spoilers aside, I would like to argue in favor of the Ride the Wind card, which I see out of the deck very early in most Spellweaver guides/strategy tips online. Maybe it's because I have a two-character party, but I tend to use it all the times, often even twice per scenario. I get to get treasures, jump over traps, reach objectives fast... I really don't know how others do without it.

By moving twice, without losing cards. Or using boots to increase their move. The bottom really isn't that good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
lexpweller wrote:

Ride the Wind can be clutch at low levels, but I never needed a loot card when Cold Fire is already in your deck. Move 8 Jump is great for specific maps with distant objectives and traps, but a Boots of Striding on Reviving Ether is 75% of the value and lets you bring an extra attack or Crackling Air instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.